Teen, 15, accidently shot in car...

This is a discussion on Teen, 15, accidently shot in car... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is a very sad story, but nobody, much less teenagers, should be playing with a gun. Especially in a moving vehicle. Teen, 15, shot ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By gasmitty
  • 4 Post By msgt/ret
  • 4 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By noway2
  • 1 Post By DetChris
  • 1 Post By DetChris

Thread: Teen, 15, accidently shot in car...

Teen, 15, accidently shot in car...

This is a very sad story, but nobody, much less teenagers, should be playing with a gun. Especially in a moving vehicle.

Teen, 15, shot dead inside car after gun accidentally goes off in west Harris County, deputies say | abc13.com

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A 15-year-old is dead after a gun accidentally went off inside a car in west Harris County Tuesday evening.

It happened around 6:30pm, and as many as five teens were in the silver sedan at the time the gun was discharged, according to the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

Authorities say the group drove the injured teen to Texas Children's Hospital in Katy but it was too late.

Detectives say so far, it appears that the gun accidentally fired as it was in the hands of one of the teens sitting in the back seat. The bullet struck the 15-year-old sitting in the front passenger seat.

Investigators have separated the teens and called their parents to the scene. Eyewitness News was asked to leave the hospital's property as those parents arrived, but they appeared to be distraught over the news.

No other details were immediately available, but an investigation is ongoing.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

2. Remove Ads

"they appeared to be distraught over the news"

Are they kidding??? Family-friendly words fail me in my response to that fourth-grade level of "journaiism", which is clearly too kind a description.
    MasterGadgets and mkh like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Detectives say so far, it appears that the gun accidentally fired as it was in the hands of one of the teens sitting in the back seat. The bullet struck the 15-year-old sitting in the front passenger seat.
    Pardon my bluntness but it did not accidentally fire, it was no accident, while being handled by someone who knew nothing about firearms safety they pulled the trigger causing the discharge.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

You pull the trigger while handling a rfirearm and kill somebody it's involuntary manslaughter.They have classes on using condoms and all kinds of crap in school,it's way past time to start teaching gun safety at a young age,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I would like to know what the hell five teens were doing with a gun and how did they get it? I know the reports are trying to play this as a tragic accident but there is more to what happened than is being said and something tells me that these teens weren't sitting quietly in the car on their way to choir practice.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Sad yes, how does a gun accidentally discharge. It generally requires an action by someone. That makes it a negligent discharge, and the negligence is on the part of the person, not the gun. The press is always trying to scare the ignorant public by telling them that these things just go off "all by themselves" they have a mind of their own, and they are evil and out to get us. Just once I would like to see some accurate reporting that leaves out the scare tactics and ignorance.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

...instead of kicking kids out for shaping their poptarts and sammiches like a gun, they need to be having EVERY kid in the schools seeing Eddie Eagle's class before they're out of second grade...there wouldn't be nearly so many of these stories...

...nobody mentioned whether the kids were on the way to Bible Study or part of a street level social group...I guess details will come out later...
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    You pull the trigger while handling a rfirearm and kill somebody it's involuntary manslaughter.They have classes on using condoms and all kinds of crap in school,it's way past time to start teaching gun safety at a young age,

The solution: every parent teach their kids about guns. How to handle them, shoot them and above all, respect them. Odds are none of those 5 teens ever saw a gun prior to that night and were monkeying with it. If one or two in the car was proficient they would have called the one teen out or at least not gone on that drive.
    Snub44 likes this.

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    The solution: every parent teach their kids about guns. How to handle them, shoot them and above all, respect them. Odds are none of those 5 teens ever saw a gun prior to that night and were monkeying with it. If one or two in the car was proficient they would have called the one teen out or at least not gone on that drive.
    Only problem with this is a lot of kids come from broken families and do not have responsible parents.

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Only problem with this is a lot of kids come from broken families and do not have responsible parents.
    Survival of the fittest I guess. I'll be training my daughter when she's old enough to handle a gun and by the time she's this age, if she sees an illegally possessed gun like that she'd run the opposite way... Or commandeer, empty and field strip the pistol on the spot to prevent catastrophe.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Administrator
    Not a story of self defense.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links