Carjacking gone wrong, perp ends up shot up - Video link in thread

This is a discussion on Carjacking gone wrong, perp ends up shot up - Video link in thread within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Robbery gone very wrong in Venezuela ( Very Graphic ) Atraco Fallido - YouTube How would you have reacted? Do you think you would have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Carjacking gone wrong, perp ends up shot up - Video link in thread

Carjacking gone wrong, perp ends up shot up - Video link in thread

Robbery gone very wrong in Venezuela ( Very Graphic ) Atraco Fallido - YouTube

How would you have reacted? Do you think you would have gotten your gun out in time? What do you think about his shooting as the perp was running away? To me, it looks like the was more or less shooting blind and got a lucky shot or two in...

2. Remove Ads

I don't think he was shooting blind. He was turned in the seat and firing one-handed, but it looked controlled (and was apparently pretty accurate).
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Looked like some nice shooting to me. It also appears there were 2 perps but the 2nd bailed at the first shot.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Good for him and too bad for the bad guy..
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Excellent SA and shooting on the part of the victim. This dirtbag got everything he was looking for...hopefully, this dirtbag just retired permanently.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well at about 35 seconds, the bad guy in the gray hoodie pulls what appears to be a gun out of his pocket and points it at the man in the car.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I'm glad that it ended that way, rather than the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stop whining and go make a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

And the man in the SUV was a little quicker, I wonder at what point the driver had his gun out, it look like to me that he had it out right when I first enter his SUV. Good shooting on his part, look like that he was train because after he shot him he kept the gun pointing on him looking and the people that where standing around. I bet he want do that again.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27
    Springfield XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

It looks like the fatal wound may have been delivered at the drivers window,as the Victim fends off Perps gun hand he may have put a round COM from retention you can see the perps left arm drop as if in reaction to pain then as the perp tried to flee he was either hit a few more times the way his body rigored out I'm gonna bet he was DRT
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Hmmmmmm...... im thinking Japanese steak house for dinner.... the BG went looking for an easy target and picked on with some balls. Sucks to be him. I would like to say i feel bad, but I dont. As far as him shooting the perp as he ran away.... until he was on the ground and not moving he was still a threat. What would have happened if the victim turned his back and the perp fired one handed and got a lucky shot in?
    IMO, the victim acted appropriately. Also, he showed excellent weapon discipline and control after the shooting as well as good Situational awareness all the way around..... some good lessons to be learned here....
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Something fishy about this video. The "victim" seemed to be looking around a lot as if he were expecting something. He forgets to lock that door due to his attention being on his surroundings.

About 23 seconds in the video a small silver car drives up and looks to stop just at the corner where the bad guys appear from.

The bad guy comes around the corner as if he already knew the victim was there and getting in his vehicle. I never once saw the bad guy peep around the corner so I think they got out of that car.

This looks more like a hit to me rather than a car jacking.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

VIP Member
    If it was a hit, he's a pretty crappy hitman. He had his weapon out and on the target well before the time he was shot there's no reason if he was a hit that he wouldn't shot the driver two or three times upon walking up.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

What's impressive is that it appears the victim doesn't seem to hesitate whatsoever before firing at the attacker. It probably saved his life.

As far as robberies go, I'd say this one went pretty well.

VIP Member
    From about 35 - 43 is the actual fight. Incredible how quickly it happens - from start to finish, about 8 seconds. That's how fast your life can change.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links