Too close to my home....

This is a discussion on Too close to my home.... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; On our way to breakfast this morning we went by this house, Sherriff cars everywhere, yellow tape around the house. Too early for details but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Too close to my home....

Too close to my home....

On our way to breakfast this morning we went by this house, Sherriff cars everywhere, yellow tape around the house.

Too early for details but this is only fifteen minutes from us, and the suspects are still on the loose.

http://www.my13abc.com/autojuice?tar...-home-invasion

2. Remove Ads

Not good. Stay safe....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    I'm so sorry for that man. The story has lots of unanswered questions. I hope you'll post the follow up when you get it.

In the mean time, I'm going to say what Harry said, "stay safe".
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I'm going to jump on the "stay safe" bandwagon.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jjxj View Post
    On our way to breakfast this morning we went by this house, Sherriff cars everywhere, yellow tape around the house.

Too early for details but this is only fifteen minutes from us, and the suspects are still on the loose.

In many communities 15 minutes away can be the difference between safe and unsafe. In some place one side
    of the street might be the difference. Fifteen minutes by car can easily be 5-7 miles and make a huge difference to safety.
    Even 15 minutes on foot can be a mile, and that could be enough to make a difference.

IMO in small cities the overall rate is low but when it happens it is very random and not confined to specific
    blocks or subdivisions.

In medium size cities a few minutes drive can make a difference.

In large metro areas, a block or two, side of the street, may make a difference.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Stay safe. Another reason to carry as often as possible.

I agree about the closeness and how you can be safe or not safe just depending on what side of the street your on.

I will post an update when there is one, right now the only update is that they released his age (34) and his name. Still no details or suspects.

It was just a shock to come around the corner and see the news crew out in the street and the sheriffs and yellow tape around the property. We ate breakfast two miles from the scene. I'm always armed where legal. I'm sure the suspects where long gone seeing hours had passed, but still puts you on full alert nonetheless.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Even 15 minutes on foot can be a mile, and that could be enough to make a difference.
    With my knees, 15 minutes might get me a block!
    Be always alert, OP.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Another for stay safe.

A little update, not much though. I like the neighbor interview, shocked, scared, come on people these things can happen anywhere anytime!

Just watched the 10 o clock news. This story sounds kind of fishy now. Safadi, family owns several convienence marts and he worked at one of them. His girlfriend said three men dressed in black with black masks broke in the house, shot Safadi once in the chest, she locked herself in the bathroom and called 911. The news said the suspects targeted him, that it wasn't a random break in.

VIP Member
    It will be interesting when they find these miscreants to find out if this is Detroit bleeding south or some homegrown morons. Be safe, set the alarm, keep a HD gun handy.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    It will be interesting when they find these miscreants to find out if this is Detroit bleeding south or some homegrown morons. Be safe, set the alarm, keep a HD gun handy.
    Detroiters come to Marion regularly to shoot each other over drug turf and Marion girls.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jjxj View Post
    Just watched the 10 o clock news. This story sounds kind of fishy now. Safadi, family owns several convienence marts and he worked at one of them. His girlfriend said three men dressed in black with black masks broke in the house, shot Safadi once in the chest, she locked herself in the bathroom and called 911. The news said the suspects targeted him, that it wasn't a random break in.
    Let's see here. Maybe I am jaded, but 3 masked, armed men break into the house and only 1 shot is fired? Prove me wrong, but she did it.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

It's that or an organized hit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links