Good (but graphic photo) Armed off duty police officer takes care of business - Page 2

Good (but graphic photo) Armed off duty police officer takes care of business

This is a discussion on Good (but graphic photo) Armed off duty police officer takes care of business within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; How about we try checking the validity of our stories before posting them? This is how stories from the Onion or Duffle Blog get posted ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Good (but graphic photo) Armed off duty police officer takes care of business

How about we try checking the validity of our stories before posting them? This is how stories from the Onion or Duffle Blog get posted as serious news.

The guy that was still living in the photos clearly had a shattered humorous. Looked like a Beretta 9mm... Not to start any caliber wars, but I gotta say that the cop brought enough gun.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

For the record, nothing in the article indicates his life was in danger. If a civilian did this, it would probably NOT be considered a justified shoot.

Do not try this at home.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    For the record, nothing in the article indicates his life was in danger. If a civilian did this, it would probably NOT be considered a justified shoot.

Do not try this at home.

My thoughts exactly.
    MJB_17 likes this.

As it happened good shoot where ever and the world is a better place not perfect but better.

@dandyone - what is a humorous? Sounds like something funny, but this isn't funny.

My take as a physician assistant - this event in (if in USA) would have resulted in prosecution of the shooter. If we/me disable a threat, I (me) would feel bad and be personally liable if I did not offer first aid to incapacitated victim. Especially if I just stood there and watched him bleed out.

Did he get what he deserved.......YES! Are we still human beings........yes! The man likely could have been saved with a tourniquet if the story is accurate and this would have been the right thing to do and safest thing to do IF this had occurred in the USA. People that cheer it on need to understand that if you injure somebody with a gun and have immobilized the threat, you better not just stand there and watch......mark my words, you will get a ride to jail or loose everything you own to a lawsuit.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    They're just actors. You can tell by the fake blood.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

The man likely could have been saved with a tourniquet if the story is accurate and this would have been the right thing to do and safest thing to do IF this had occurred in the USA. People that cheer it on need to understand that if you injure somebody with a gun and have immobilized the threat, you better not just stand there and watch......mark my words, you will get a ride to jail or loose everything you own to a lawsuit.
    You'd be nuts to lower your guard no matter how many felons are bleeding out. Nor are you required by Law to do so, other then maybe dialing 911. The American civil legal system is a big fat tangled rat that will hound you whether you played Doctor or not so why would you take your gun off of still alive felons? Your statement is as inaccurate as the original post.
    "America is held together by one piece of paper"

Disagree. . Uniformed can say what they want.. Enjoy your ride to jail and extensive legal costs

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    DIDN'T HAPPEN IN TEXAS,it happened in South America
    Link to actual story extremely graphic pics
    http://www.ehowa.com/features/brazilshooting.shtml
    I didn't think that a trained LEO in the USA would be standing around waving his firearm dramatically in front of a crowd of onlookers. Where is his backup? Where is the crowd control? Glad to know that this was NOT in El Paso.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kayakersteve View Post
    Disagree. . Uniformed can say what they want.. Enjoy your ride to jail and extensive legal costs
    A person that has been shot can still put up a fight. I'm not going to holster my weapon, bend over him with my weapon in his reach, and try to tend to his wounds just so he can grapple me or take my gun and kill me.

With all due respect, tending to a guy that you thought was going to kill you or inflict serious bodily harm after you've shot him is a very risky plan, and an easy way to get killed.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Shows the importance of being aware and ready:

Three armed illegals get shot/killed trying to rob a Texas off-duty police officer - Wall Street Survivor Forums

Three armed felons crossed the US border and attempted to rob an off-duty El Paso police officer dressed in civilian clothes while he stood in front of a bank.
    The plan was for two of them to grab his backpack and toss it to an accomplice on a stolen motorcycle. However, the well prepared police officer shot all of them, killing two immediately. The third was shot in both arms and bled to death before the
    ambulance arrived. This is how much the US Taxpayer would have had to pay to prosecute these thugs:
    Arrest and detention for 1 night = $6,000
    Transportation for deportation back to Mexico the next day = $1000
    Air time for Obama to apologize in 30 minute speech = $25,007,000

What it actually cost:
    Four .40 rounds = $1.00
    Taxpayer savings = $25,006,999.00
    Off duty cop with a pistol...........priceless

Apparently They Picked The Wrong Man to Rob This Time. And There Won't Be A Next Time!
    Come on Jeanlouise--- that's not right, fair, to play like that. You took a good story, and a good
    concept, enumerating the actual costs had these guys been arrested, but turned it into a another
    garbage political post.

Yes, had they been caught the costs would be astronomical. They wouldn't have been deported the next day. They would have been charged, tried, and we'd be paying for jail, prosecutors, defense
    attorneys, judges, bailiffs, juror, more jail for many years, medical costs, and eventually the cost
    of deportation. This all needed mentioning.

The other part, is just plain silly. EVEN SILLIER once I got to see the posts pointing
    out that it didn't happen in the USA and is an old story.
    MJB_17 and ElMonoDelMar like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

A person that has been shot can still put up a fight. I'm not going to holster my weapon, bend over him with my weapon in his reach, and try to tend to his wounds just so he can grapple me or take my gun and kill me.
    . Look at his upper arm....doubt he will put up a fight

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kayakersteve View Post
    . Look at his upper arm....doubt he will put up a fight
    Look at his other arm.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Come on Jeanlouise--- that's not right, fair, to play like that. You took a good story, and a good
    concept, enumerating the actual costs had these guys been arrested, but turned it into a another
    garbage political post.
    THEY TOOK ERR JOBS!!! Southpark - They Took Our Job! - YouTube

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links