Good (Amusing): Dallas Officer Hits Man With Weapon During Assault

This is a discussion on Good (Amusing): Dallas Officer Hits Man With Weapon During Assault within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; That must smart a bit...By the way, most Dallas officers carry Sig 226s. Dallas police officer hits man with weapon during fight in Old East ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Good (Amusing): Dallas Officer Hits Man With Weapon During Assault

Good (Amusing): Dallas Officer Hits Man With Weapon During Assault

That must smart a bit...By the way, most Dallas officers carry Sig 226s.

Dallas police officer hits man with weapon during fight in Old East Dallas | Crime Blog

2. Remove Ads

...another good case made for revolvers...

Link not working...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

...try again...us Texans cleared you to see it...this time...
    Manderinobyebye and 84160 like this.

VIP Member
    Heflin should know better, anytime you use your face to attack an officer’s weapon it’s going to hurt and leave a mark.
    ep1953 and NH_Esau like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Perp is lucky he wasn't shot.....Officer responding to a call with a report the perp is on the way to kill her...
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...another good case made for revolvers...
    Soooo, what's your point? Most likely it was a semi. Are you implying his weapon was disabled? - where'd it say that?

...of course it was a semiauto...like the story says...and he lost his mag...like the story says...I don't have to imply...I just read the story...and my point was that revolvers don't come apart when you smack someone upside the head with them...
    ...Soooo...anything else??? Coffee, maybe???

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...of course it was a semiauto...like the story says...and he lost his mag...like the story says...I don't have to imply...I just read the story...and my point was that revolvers don't come apart when you smack someone upside the head with them...
    ...Soooo...anything else??? Coffee, maybe???
    Plus a nice heavy revolver tends to leave a lasting impression when applied vigorously to the side of some bad guy’s head.
    GhostMaker likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

...the only time I ever did it, I brought my M66 4" down on the top of a burglar's head with a full overhead swing...fractured him and he was in the hospital for a coupla months...coma for weeks...when I saw him in court he'd lost about 70#...he'd broken out a window of an antique shop at night to steal a little child's rocker that he couldn't buy at the price he liked that day...silent alarm and the first officer in the window after him got the mallet he'd broken the window out with...they were down on the floor rasslin' for the officer's gun and had fired it once...I got to him and could have shot him dead but it would have deafened the three of us if I had...so I laid him out...I forget how many years he got for that damned rocking chair...but I could have lost a friend over it...
    NH_Esau, Old Sarge, MrsHB and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Plus a nice heavy revolver tends to leave a lasting impression when applied vigorously to the side of some bad guy’s head.
    I wouldn't want to be smacked over the head with a Sig 226 either...that's still like 2lbs of metal even empty.
    msgt/ret and Snub44 like this.

I hope he didn't mar the finish
    JoJoGunn and GhostMaker like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

More of a garden-variety nabbing of a suspect, rather than an example of a self-defense situation with lessons to be learned.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    Heflin had showed up at an apartment complex in the 5200 block of Martel Avenue in Old East Dallas, police said. A woman who lived there had called police shortly before 3 a.m. and said Heflin had called and told her he was on his way to kill her. The officer showed up and told Heflin to get on the ground. Police allege that Heflin instead lunged at the officer.
    Still, the call to 911/emergency worked, in this case. Apparently there was a good amount of time between the threat made by the suspect and his arrival at the woman's home to kill her.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Still, the call to 911/emergency worked, in this case. Apparently there was a good amount of time between the threat made by the suspect and his arrival at the woman's home to kill her.
    But he still made it to the house before the police. Either that, or he was determined enough to pass a cruiser on his way to carry out his threat.

Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    But he still made it to the house before the police. Either that, or he was determined enough to pass a cruiser on his way to carry out his threat.
    Dallas has a real problem with their 911 system, it had been a major scandal in the past few months. It culminated when it was learned that late last year a woman who called 911 to report her home being broken into by her ex husband (against whom she had a restraining order) was placed on hold, the tape kept recording and her murder (stabbing) was recorded. Officers were sent to check out the house, it wasn't obvious that there had been a burglary and they left. Three days later her body was found by family.

I personally have had issues with 911 being totally incompetent. When I called in that incident about the officer being attacked in the Walmart parking lot (it's in another thread), I clearly and repeatedly told the operator exactly what was going on and where it was (the main street and cross street as well as a landmark) but they were totally unable to figure out what to do. I eventually hung up when more officers arrived.
    Snub44 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links