Probably Bad: Woman killed at Costco

This is a discussion on Probably Bad: Woman killed at Costco within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; File this under Probably Bad: Woman Killed at Costco It's early and details are of course sketchy, but it will definitely stir up some conversations....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Probably Bad: Woman killed at Costco

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar

File this under Probably Bad:

Woman Killed at Costco

It's early and details are of course sketchy, but it will definitely stir up some conversations.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Well... At least she used knife and scissors. Nothing for the antis to latch onto.

Not much info, but if she advanced on the police with a weapon, then she made a 'fatal' error.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

More info to follow I'm sure, and I'm not one to second guess cops -- generally speaking -- but one can't help but wonder if there may have been a better way to subdue her, if all she had was a knife. I'd think there has to be a way for a couple of cops to get a hold of her, wrestle her down and remove the threat, especially if you could afford to have one more cop standing by ready to fatally intervene if that's ultimately necessary.

But .... I wasn't in the fight.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    More info to follow I'm sure, and I'm not one to second guess cops -- generally speaking -- but one can't help but wonder if there may have been a better way to subdue her, if all she had was a knife. I'd think there has to be a way for a couple of cops to get a hold of her, wrestle her down and remove the threat, especially if you could afford to have one more cop standing by ready to fatally intervene if that's ultimately necessary.

But .... I wasn't in the fight.
    Would you take that chance with your life? They tried the stun gun and it was ineffective.
    tony1990, Arborigine and mkh like this.

well, they tried a taser and that didn't work, so she was probably pretty out of contol.
    "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king."

No, I would not take that chance with my life, and as noted I was not in the fight, so I'm certainly not second-guessing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    Would you take that chance with your life? They tried the stun gun and it was ineffective.
    I agree I would not take the chance however there is no reason not to believe the Stun gun failed to work. I think family members will come forward and say the woman had problems and did not take her medication.
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

"One deputy was injured. He was treated and released at a local hospital."

The stun gun was not effecive and apparently she came through that and injured one of the officers.

I think the outcome was justified.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Go to the Costco 'fishing department' and get a net, or go to the net hammocks section and get...a net. Throw over woman and check for Medic Alert bracelet. Give insulin. Win-win.

Or shoot her five times.

ETA: MasterGadgets -WRONG - the cop was injured by a ricochet from a bullet fired by the cops. Fortunately, he will recover.

VIP Member
    I used to shop at that store. Wow, crazy.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    "Soylent Pizza is made from peeeopplllleeee!!!"
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Note the lovely officers did not bother to clear the store first. Apparently they felt it was not a threat to shoot guns in a crowded store. Unlike the horrible threat of a middle-aged woman with scissors.

Sarcasm aside, I firmly believe that had this occurred in the 1950s when respect on both sides was higher, that any cop who shot a woman in these exact circumstances, let alone five times, would have been up on and convicted of murder.

Being in the Northern VA area, this was one of the lead stories on the 11PM news last night. She was a sub-contractor, one of the ones handing out food samples. One of the other employees interviewed said she started acting weird, talking to herself etc. It then went down hill from there.

My shocked wife said, "At COSTCO? Really?" I said baby, you have to realize that anything can happen anywhere, any time.

DP
    TJDN, Glock2201 and gatorbait51 like this.

On the surface it seems the LEOs were forced into defending themselves since knives & scissors kill also.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links