9 rounds - 4 BGs down!

This is a discussion on 9 rounds - 4 BGs down! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The one time he doesn't carry... 9 rounds spent, 4 suspects down: The heroics of Deputy Frank Pobjecky...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: 9 rounds - 4 BGs down!

9 rounds - 4 BGs down!

US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    The jury sat for days listening to investigators, witnesses, Tarara, and Pobjecky himself tell the story of that night
    Hope they didn't spend 10 seconds in the jury room before returning the right verdict. This is the kind of SD use of a firearm that is the epitome of a good shoot.

VIP Member
    "[defense] attorney argued that what eventually happened would not have done so if Tarara and Pobjecky had just cooperated and put their money as well as their lives into the hands of these four 'young men.'"

That logic makes me bonkers. I even occasionally hear it in posts here on DC.

Amazing story. Thank god his friend didn't also make the mistake of leaving his sidearm at home.
    mook012 likes this.

Michael Sago, Jr. will never commit another crime.
    WHEC724, mook012, mano3 and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I bet someone gets free pizza for life.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    This story illustrates once again that quick, decisive action can turn a seemingly hopeless situation into a successful outcome for the good guys. A reaction like this can only come after many, many hours of situational training. Or it can happen in an instant when the survival instinct kicks in and you realize it's you or them.
    shadowwalker, mano3 and airslot like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    Hope they didn't spend 10 seconds in the jury room before returning the right verdict. This is the kind of SD use of a firearm that is the epitome of a good shoot.
    Your sure a giving them a lot of time!!!!
    Taurahe likes this.

Sure glad he wasn't limited to 7 bullets when he clearly needed all 9.
    StevePVB, mano3 and Tzadik like this.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I wonder if Marie's Pizza will deliver to Memphis. I'd order one, maybe two.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

A fitting end for a bunch of scumbags. Fight or flight truly is an amazing thing. Go down fighting...... I would rather die with an empty gun than submit..... Good gun control means using both hands.... Pick one they all work here.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

How can you argue, that if the Good guys had cooperated with the thieves that no deaths would have happened, there fore it's the good guys fault that the deaths occurred. I would be arguing that if the thieves had not decided to break the law and enter the shop no-one would have been killed, therefore its the thieves responsibility for the deaths. To expect people to behave like sheep and hand over their belongings without a struggle is one of the big issues of the modern society, we are all loosing our back bone and willingly submitting to this kind of behavior. Nice to see the Jury support common decency and allow the two gentlemen to do the right thing and make it legal.
    I hope that if I am ever in this position that I will also chose to fight. I work hard for what I have and no toe rag is going to have me just give it to them without a struggle (Including our government).

Gary
    mano3 likes this.

I bet this cop will never go anywhere without carrying after this.

Also, it can pay off to have CC buddies who know you carry...
    mano3 likes this.

The part of the story that amazed me was the "Illinos" and legal carrying thing. I see you can carry in a business. Suprised me.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    The part of the story that amazed me was the "Illinos" and legal carrying thing. I see you can carry in a business. Suprised me.
    What surprises me is that anyone would have a need for personal protection anywhere in Illinois. They don't issue CC and for good reason; it would be against the law to rob a place with a gun there so why let people defend themselves? /Super Sarcasm Lock OFF

That jury was treated to a very nice story.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links