Good Bad Ugly Stupid

Good Bad Ugly Stupid

This is a discussion on Good Bad Ugly Stupid within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Dead armed robber's widow sues store clerk who killed her husband. With a gun to his face, widow says he should have called the police ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Good Bad Ugly Stupid

Good Bad Ugly Stupid

Dead armed robber's widow sues store clerk who killed her husband. With a gun to his face, widow says he should have called the police instead of shooting her poor darling.

Armed Robber?s Widow Suing Store Clerk Who Shot and Killed Her Husband During Robbery Attempt

This is just absurd! We need tort reform in America.
    bigmacque and Jeanlouise like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    He should countersue for attorney's fees. This is stupid, and you can't fix stupid.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    He needs to countersue for fees, for pain and suffering from having to endure the gun to his face, for trauma of having to take another's life, for aggravation and for bothering the court with this nonsense.

All of the above should add up to about a $5M counter suit, don't you think so?
    Oldpsufan, mano3 and lionround like this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    He needs to countersue for fees, for pain and suffering from having to endure the gun to his face, for trauma of having to take another's life, for aggravation and for bothering the court with this nonsense.

All of the above should add up to about a $5M counter suit, don't you think so?
    Yes maybe that might take some of the fight out of that *****. They say you can't fix stupid but putting a $5M lawsuit on her might help a little.

She can sue all she wants, whether or not she wins is the real kicker here....It appears New Mexico does not have castle laws or stand your ground. IMO this type of suit is to be expected...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwAQ&dur=446
    bigmacque likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

The court should have squashed this before it ever started. The guy being sued pays a fortune in legal fees to defend himself against a suit that never should have been filed. I'm all for suing/fining the judge that let this through.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Harryball you are correct, other than the fact that the guy has to defend himself and go through the aggravation of the stupid defense. Unless she just drops this it's going to cost him something, including his time.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    He should countersue for attorney's fees. This is stupid, and you can't fix stupid.
    Oh, but I disagree...the clerk fixed the stupid robber...a permanent fix!

The clerk should sue for 'fixing expenses'...twice what the widow wants.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    She can sue all she wants, whether or not she wins is the real kicker here....It appears New Mexico does not have castle laws or stand your ground. IMO this type of suit is to be expected...

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwAQ&dur=446
    But he is out those attorney fees for his defense! As I always say pulling the trigger is just the start!

Where is the kitty Kay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Harryball you are correct, other than the fact that the guy has to defend himself and go through the aggravation of the stupid defense. Unless she just drops this it's going to cost him something, including his time.
    No doubt about it. I am thankful that we have both castle laws and stand your ground laws in my state. I realize that they are not law suit proof, but in this scenario it would prevent the suit....

onacoma

But he is out those attorney fees for his defense! As I always say pulling the trigger is just the start!

Where is the kitty Kay?
    I never said it was fair. I hope they throw it out of court, but I do not thing that will happen...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

And this just one of many problems we have I want to talk to the slime attorney who took the case ugh
    Glock2201 likes this.

I am torn on the issue of immunity....first of all...this is a bogus lawsuit and the ones that an immunity clause is meant to prevent.....not, back to my rant:
    In cases where there is obvious crimminal intent on the part of the BG and the GG has every reasonable right to fear for his life immunity should be a no brainer. Unfortunatley it is not always clear cut. Let us suppose hypotheticaly there is a shooting and there is a guy dead and another standing. No witness's and not enough evidence for LE to bring a case they can win in court against the guy standing and they have to rule it a "good shooting". But common sense tells folks that the guy standing was in part to an escalation that led to a shooting. In esscence, the guy does bear part of the responsibility, but not crimminaly.

Also, why is a shooting grounds for immunity when say the weapon used to kill the other dude could have been a knife, brick, or their hands.

Don't get me wrong, there should be tort reform across the board. Just seems like to have immunity in shooting cases is not well rounded law. Should be all or none for defense.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    New Mexico citizens need to push for immunity laws for self defense. If the legislature won't go along, vote them out.

We are slowly but surely getting rid of our hurdles in SC (Knotts and Viers both gone). We have a few more to go.

Should sue the lawyer representing the spouse for a couple of mil.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links