Bad but potentially Good - USA Soldier - Homeowner and intruder exchange gunfire

This is a discussion on Bad but potentially Good - USA Soldier - Homeowner and intruder exchange gunfire within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Real Title: Homeowner and intruder exchange gunfire By WJCL Staff Updated: Sunday, June 2, 2013, 10:16 pm Published: Sunday, June 2, 2013, 9:35 am My ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Bad but potentially Good - USA Soldier - Homeowner and intruder exchange gunfire

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.

Bad but potentially Good - USA Soldier - Homeowner and intruder exchange gunfire

Real Title: Homeowner and intruder exchange gunfire
    By WJCL Staff
    Updated: Sunday, June 2, 2013, 10:16 pm Published: Sunday, June 2, 2013, 9:35 am

My Comments: May this USA Service Memeber pull through. They had to dust him off........ My prayers to him and his family.

According to police, a Fort Stewart soldier, living at the Colonial Park Condos, 1100 Pineland Ave., was upstairs with his wife shortly after midnight when he heard someone enter his residence. He then went downstairs and confronted the intruder with a firearm. The two men exchanged gunfire.

The homeowner was taken by medical helicopter to Memorial Health University Medical Center.

A man later showed up at Liberty Regional Medical Center in Hinesville with a gunshot wound. He said he had been shot walking down the street.

Homeowner and intruder exchange gunfire | The Coastal Source

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I hope the soldier will be ok. It's outrageous that a man who is serving his country has to fight off the very people he's trying to protect.

I hope the intruder isn't "ok". Some people should not be roaming the earth.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I think it is outrageous that anyone has to fight off anyone. BG's target whomever they want.

It is funny that in one thread a couple of days ago a "veteran" had his gun confiscated for firing a warning shot and some folks wondered why they had to mention why the man was a vet, like it had nothing to do with the story. Now, it appears that the gun owner in this situation is active duty and since it appears he did do good it is germane to the story.

Not picking on you JL...just so funny how perceptions work.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Home the homeowner is ok. Hope they make the criminals family pay for his medical bills.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I think it is outrageous that anyone has to fight off anyone. BG's target whomever they want.

It is funny that in one thread a couple of days ago a "veteran" had his gun confiscated for firing a warning shot and some folks wondered why they had to mention why the man was a vet, like it had nothing to do with the story. Now, it appears that the gun owner in this situation is active duty and since it appears he did do good it is germane to the story.

Not picking on you JL...just so funny how perceptions work.
    I agree that no one should have to fight off a BG, but not everyone is putting their lives on the line for other citizens. This includes police, firefighters etc. For me, that makes it even more outrageous.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    It is funny that in one thread a couple of days ago a "veteran" had his gun confiscated for firing a warning shot ...

just so funny how perceptions work.
    One fires and strikes the BG.

One fires and misses the BG.

The one who misses is the one claimed to be a criminal himself. There's just something loony about how we've allowed our system of governance to get away from us, when good people are held to be criminals for daring protect themselves against criminals. Shades of the U.K. coming to swamp us, if we're not careful.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar

It doesn't get any worse than this

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

VIP Member
    Very sad.

One thing to learn - don't try to confront an intruder on another floor - unless there is a reason to, such as protecting a family member. If someone ever breaks in, we all stay on the second floor and wait for the police if they don't leave. If they come upstairs, then I'll open fire, because they aren't coming upstairs for the TV.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    The update did not make me happy.

Prayers go out to his family..

It is ridiculous that men and women like this serve our country and surive in a combat zone just to come home and be killed in their own home. Makes me sick, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Some times, nobody really 'wins'. This end result really sucks.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

This is sad, very sad and for his family.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Agreed, a sad day indeed. While it's important to have guns for defense, being armed doesn't guarantee survival. I hope the sack of trash that shot him fries for it.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; June 4th, 2013 at 11:25 AM.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

VIP Member
    So sad and so unnecessary. RIP soldier.

God only knows what could of happened to his family if he wasn't there. He defended our country and his family, my condolences to him and his family.
    Snub44 likes this.
    “The only defense against
    violent evil people are
    good people who are
    more skilled at violence.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links