26 people shot, seven of them fatally, over 72 hours, on hot New York City weekend

26 people shot, seven of them fatally, over 72 hours, on hot New York City weekend

This is a discussion on 26 people shot, seven of them fatally, over 72 hours, on hot New York City weekend within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Bloombergs strategy seems to be working.. Strict gun control leads to safer...... oh wait..... never mind.. LINK TO STORY...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 26 people shot, seven of them fatally, over 72 hours, on hot New York City weekend

Bloombergs strategy seems to be working..
    Strict gun control leads to safer...... oh wait..... never mind..

LINK TO STORY

Administrator
    Well, you know it COULD BE WORSE. It COULD BE 72 people shot over a 26 hour period.

At least they have cut down on their sugar intake by not having those obnoxiously huge cups of soda readily available.

We have to be thankful for the little things.

Yeah, and I bet not one of them had over 7 rounds.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Well, you know it COULD BE WORSE. It COULD BE 72 people shot over a 26 hour period.

At least they have cut down on their sugar intake by not having those obnoxiously huge cups of soda readily available.

We have to be thankful for the little things.
    See, Bloombergs 7 round limit saved a bunch of folks.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

It has already been 100+ here this year and as far as I know, it hasn't made anyone in my area shoot anyone. Man, they just love to place blame anywhere but on the scumbags, don't they?
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Some studies have suggested that violent crimes increase with the temperature, perhaps as more people mingle outdoors
    That would seem to be a very compelling reason for Bloomberg to make warm weather illegal in NYC.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    We had 90+ temps with high humidity for 4 straight days and we did not have any shootings in our area that I heard of. Not that I would compare anywhere in NH to NYC but that crap about warmer weather causing more shootings is some serious bull poopy.

Bloomberg should ban excessive heat instead of guns.
    84160 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    It has already been 100+ here this year and as far as I know, it hasn't made anyone in my area shoot anyone. Man, they just love to place blame anywhere but on the scumbags, don't they?
    It's not their fault!! It is the systems fault that they are poor and lazy. They are also mostly in gangs and sell drugs and that is what the shootings are really over. Lets not point out the REAL reasons here.
    Cheesewiz, mprp and 84160 like this.

But that can't be true they have these to stop all that in its tracts !

Gun laws in New York regulate the sale, possession, and use of firearms and ammunition in the state of New York in the United States.

New York has among the most restrictive gun laws in the nation. Most New York State gun laws are covered in two sections of New York Penal law: Article 265 - Firearms and Other Dangerous Weapons; and Article 400 - Licensing and Other Provisions Relating to Firearms. These laws ban handgun possession and provide exemptions, including individuals licensed to carry handguns, or to possess them for other reasons, including sports, repair, or disposal.

Statewide, New York enforces various firearm related prohibitions, many proscriptions similarly listed in the now-expired Federal Assault Weapons Ban.[1][2][3] On January 15, 2013, the state assault weapons ban was further strengthened by the NY SAFE Act. Specified rifle magazines are banned: a) manufactured after 1994; and b) the magazine holds in excess of 10 rounds (handguns included). A 10 round magazine is permissible, but may only contain 7 rounds. Any semi-automatic rifle or shotgun with just one of these features are banned: 1) pistol grip; 2) bayonet lug; 3) telescoping or folding stock; 4) flash suppressor; 5) threaded barrel; or 6) grenade launcher.[4][5][6] The SAFE Act expanded the ban to add the following features: 7) muzzle brake; 8) muzzle compensator; 9) thumbhole stock; and 10) foregrip.[7] All "assault" style rifles and shotguns purchased prior to January 15, 2013 are grandfathered, but must be registered within one year of the SAFE Act passage.[8]

Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher View Post
    It's not their fault!! It is the systems fault that they are poor and lazy. They are also mostly in gangs and sell drugs and that is what the shootings are really over. Lets not point out the REAL reasons here.
    Sorry, I'll play along. What I meant to say was, "Damn global warming!!"

Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Saw this posted elsewhere. In some of the comments, writers are actually still blaming the "lax gun laws" in other states for these shootings.

Typical Bloombergers, blame everyone else because there is no way their own gang members could be at fault.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

VIP Member
    I say outlaw all guns in New York and get rid of the body guards of the polictions and the rich people . Then build a big moat around the state so no more guns will harm anyone. They can live happily ever after.

That must be why crime is low here. We've only had 3 days over 70 yet this year, and only one over 80.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links