Homeowner shoots intruder - no charges will be filed

This is a discussion on Homeowner shoots intruder - no charges will be filed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Home invasion suspect dead, no charges for homeowner - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee I live in Shelby County. Shelby County Sheriff's spokesperson, Chip ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By lionround
  • 1 Post By lionround

Thread: Homeowner shoots intruder - no charges will be filed

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar

Homeowner shoots intruder - no charges will be filed

Home invasion suspect dead, no charges for homeowner - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

I live in Shelby County. Shelby County Sheriff's spokesperson, Chip Washington said, "I think he was in his right, you have to protect yourself and your family. If you're coming in chances are you have to be ready to pay."

Well put.
    GhostMaker and NONAME762 like this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

2. Remove Ads

It would be interesting to know what the chain of events were, that would end the situation with an intruder being shot while rightfully defending the home, yet another person was held by the family until deputies arrived?
    "The family held a second man until deputies arrived. He was held for questioning but not charged."

Sure seems that if one guy's actions resulted in him being shot, you would think that the other guy who is being held by the family would at least be worth a chargin'. Held as a witness maybe? Perhaps a passer by? Seems weird to me and I must be missing something.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Worth the read for the comments alone! My personal favorite was the offer to replace the homeowners rounds as a gift for saving the taxpayers the bill. And obviously the polar views are quite entertaining...if you can translate them back to understandable English.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    You break into my house, it is you that made the choice to die, not me.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Someone had a really dumb idea

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Yeah, I love the comments. Typical though. He was a good church going boy, just made a mistake. He didn't deserve to die.

On that note, maybe we should all train to shoot for the kneecaps. No, then the family would complain that their baby boy was in a wheelchair for life and how unfair that is.
    BadgerJ likes this.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    Yeah, I love the comments. Typical though. He was a good church going boy, just made a mistake. He didn't deserve to die.
    He was lookin' for Jesus. And, apparently, he found him. He made a mistake is right - he picked the wrong house.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    The title of your thread says all that needs to be said as far as I'm concerned. That makes for a good ending to the story.
    Walk softly ...

What if one of those nut jobs who smokes bath salts comes into your house? Those people cannot be stopped without a firearm or taser. One cannot reasonably expect an intruder to be friendly and have the homeowner's best interests in mind.

Links