Fake gun owners do it again

This is a discussion on Fake gun owners do it again within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Actress Accused of Mailing Poison Letters to Obama, Bloomberg Actress arrested 'for sending ricin letters to Bloomberg and Obama' - two weeks after she claimed ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By Nmuskier
  • 1 Post By locotest
  • 2 Post By msgt/ret
  • 2 Post By Badey
  • 1 Post By OutWestSystems
  • 1 Post By Hodad
  • 1 Post By elmacgyver0

Thread: Fake gun owners do it again

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar

Fake gun owners do it again

Actress Accused of Mailing Poison Letters to Obama, Bloomberg

Actress arrested 'for sending ricin letters to Bloomberg and Obama' - two weeks after she claimed her own HUSBAND was behind poison plot | Miami Newsday

I seem to remember a discussion after Mayor Bloomberg and Pres. Obama received poisoned letters, but I couldn't find it in a search. Someone postulated that the letters, which contained threatening language from a supposed pro gun activist, were faked by a left wing liberal. Well, here's the proof. An "actress" framed her husband, and faked the extremist pro gun letter.

I guess CNN and NBC will retract their statements and tell their viewers that gun owners are very normal, typical American citizens.
    welder516, pignut and msgt/ret like this.

2. Remove Ads

...I guess CNN and NBC will retract their statements and tell their viewers that gun owners are very normal, typical American citizens.
    Let me know how that works out...
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post

Actress arrested 'for sending ricin letters to Bloomberg and Obama' - two weeks after she claimed her own HUSBAND was behind poison plot | Miami Newsday

I seem to remember a discussion after Mayor Bloomberg and Pres. Obama received poisoned letters, but I couldn't find it in a search. Someone postulated that the letters, which contained threatening language from a supposed pro gun activist, were faked by a left wing liberal. Well, here's the proof. An "actress" framed her husband, and faked the extremist pro gun letter.

I guess CNN and NBC will retract their statements and tell their viewers that gun owners are very normal, typical American citizens.
    Why of course they will and they will also reveal what an evil president Obama is..
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post

Only when. HELL.jpg
    atctimmy and JoJoGunn like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Sounds more like someone who really really really hates her husband and is not as smart as she thinks she is rather than some sort of grand conspiracy against gun owners in general. Not saying it didn't do damage to the image of gun owners but I'm not sure that was her motive.

I believe several forum members here suggested that it was an anti who did this, and were told that they needed to accept the fact that gun owners sometimes do bad things...
    pittypat21 and elmacgyver0 like this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I believe several forum members here suggested that it was an anti who did this, and were told that they needed to accept the fact that gun owners sometimes do bad things...
    The problem is that neither side believes someone on "their side" would do something wrong. From reading about this case it doesn't really sound like she did this for anti-gun reasons, but more to get her husband.
    Darrow75 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    She exhibited the typical leftist viewpoint that "those people" deserved it anyway, so it's a win-win situation. People can justify nearly anything. Not knowing what her letter said, i am curious if the NRA could file libel charges?
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Unstable dingbat!!
    Darrow75 likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    She exhibited the typical leftist viewpoint that "those people" deserved it anyway, so it's a win-win situation. People can justify nearly anything. Not knowing what her letter said, i am curious if the NRA could file libel charges?
    I think generally slander and libel don't apply to groups like the NRA, much as with celebraties and politicians, as it's assumed that they can combat lies effectively through their own publicity efforts. And I think the fact that the letters were poisoned and sent to the President and other high-level politicians kind of overshadows the content.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    hmmm...no one on the right has ever been guilty of that kind of viewpoint? Interesting view.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    ^^this^^ is the vindication I was going for. Can anyone find that thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    hmmm...no one on the right has ever been guilty of that kind of viewpoint? Interesting view.
    The point is a non gun rights activist posed as an extremist in order to frame her husband (who, apparently is a gun owner, but is not politically active in the 2A arena). The media loved the optics of a pro gun extremist trying to harm the mayor and President (the two most visible recent gun ban politicians). The media refuses to do their job and check their sources if a story fits their viewpoint. They ignore stories that conflict with their politics.

The media is culpable in eroding our religious freedoms by promoting atheism and attacking Christianity and Judaism. The media has all but relinquished their freedom of press to the executive branch. The 2nd amendment is losing it's value, and the media is willingly aiding in sending the 1st right behind it.

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    Sure they have, but nowheres near as many. Also most of them don't troll liberal sites but I'm sure occasionally some do.
    Arborigine likes this.

Links