Home Invasion Turned Fatal In Fayetteville N.C

This is a discussion on Home Invasion Turned Fatal In Fayetteville N.C within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Suspects Dead After Attempted Home Invasion In Fayetteville - YouTube 2 charged in attempted home invasion, 2 others killed | abc11.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Home Invasion Turned Fatal In Fayetteville N.C

New Member Array springfieldxdm9's Avatar

2. Remove Ads

...more and more times there are more and more guests coming to the party...Uncle Joe's double barrel idea just don't get it...glad the homeowner was able to prevail...

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    more and more times there are more and more guests coming to the party.
    That's a big lesson, right there.

Can't be assuming it's going to be a single intruder, anymore. Never could, but it sure does seem they're ganging-up to do these invasions. One of the side-effects of citizens killing them off, I'd say. Coming in faster, harder, better-armed is likely to be one of the few ways to boost the chances of success. If faced with degrading odds on such scores (if I were such a felon), that's how I'd be thinking.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    If they fired back - add attempted murder. Not sure of NC laws but if a fellow robber dies in an attempt the co-conspirators would be charged with (his) murder, even though it was the homeowner who shot.

I'd also charge them with conspiracy to commit murder. They're getting off easy reading this article.
    ccw9mm, OldVet, Tzadik and 3 others like this.

4 intruders, 2 of them now dead. 50% return on investment...good in my book.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    If they fired back - add attempted murder. Not sure of NC laws but if a fellow robber dies in an attempt the co-conspirators would be charged with (his) murder, even though it was the homeowner who shot.

I'd also charge them with conspiracy to commit murder. They're getting off easy reading this article.
    I guess I'm not sure, but they may be charged with murder for the deaths of their accomplices. Commission of a felony, someone dies as a result, 2nd degree murder - least I think that's the law in these parts.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Good that the home owner came out okay, these guys have to realize that we are not going to put up with this stuff anymore.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Distinguished Member
    Fayetteville is home to Fort Bragg home of Airborne and Special Forces. Why in the heck would someone want to break into a home of someone who is likely armed and well trained how to use it. These criminals are dumb.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

Hmmm.... robbers break in .... homeowner defends his life and property.... two dumpster rats die for being stupid....... Sounds like a good day in the hood. Beer please !!!!
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    Fayetteville is home to Fort Bragg home of Airborne and Special Forces. Why in the heck would someone want to break into a home of someone who is likely armed and well trained how to use it. These criminals are dumb.
    While true, there's a lot of uhh.. activity in what has been dubbed as "Fayettenam".

Glad the homeowners alright. They mentioned the homeowner's moved and aren't coming back.. sounds like a good choice to me.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

+1 for (skysoldier29) nice call, I was stationed at Bragg in the early 60s and these two old boys weren't the brightest bulbs in the box thats for sure.

Make bad choices, pay high prices. Glad the victims are OK and the violent aggressors are not.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Come on now. 3:45 am and all four meeting up? They couldn't have possibly been on dope all night, planning a hit on a house. This sounds more to me like they got up bright and early to meet at the place where many go to turn their lives around. Some jerk just gave them the wrong address.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Both Campbell and Hair have been charged with first degree burglary, robbery with a dangerous weapon, conspiracy to commit first degree burglary, and conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon.
    Since their actions contributed to the deaths of their compatriots felony murder should be added to the charges.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Roaches check in. They dont check out
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links