Miami Growhouse Shootout

Miami Growhouse Shootout

This is a discussion on Miami Growhouse Shootout within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here's a link to the story: Video depicts wild shootout that wounds Miami-Dade detective, kills growhouse suspect - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com I did a search ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DefConGun

Thread: Miami Growhouse Shootout

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar

Miami Growhouse Shootout

Here's a link to the story:
    Video depicts wild shootout that wounds Miami-Dade detective, kills growhouse suspect - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com

I did a search and couldn't find this listed anywhere so if it has already been posted, then I apologize.

This happened back in May so its not the most current news and I would have posted it if I had known about it then. As it is, I just discovered it today, so it was news to me.

The gist: A Marijuana growhouse camera catches most of the shootout when narcotics officers show up to take care of business. As they are talking to a man, a gunman pops out of a car and starts shooting. As a result, he's hit and then takes cover behind a tree. He's wounded but he's not out of the fight. The thing that ends it? Headshot made from an officer from some distance - he shoots through an opening in the tree. There's a lot more that I've left out that you're free to read if you want to know more and there's video as well. The main thing I wanted to get across is that sometimes you have to take a headshot because its the only thing that's available. Real gun fights aren't like the movies where a guy stops fighting because he's injured. Real bad guys often continue to fight for some time, even after they're wounded. A wounded man can kill you the same as a man without a mar.

As you train, you may want to practice the headshot from some distance - just in case.

DCG
    Snub44 likes this.

Lots of cars driving by. They didn't even see that guy get in the car and they all walked right past him. I'll bet they use that video for many future trainings to come.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Single minded focus can be deadly. How often do all of us identify what we believe may be a threat and focus exclusively on it? I'm no expert but I try and take in the entire surroundings. The thing you identify initially may be a diversion or a minor piece in what's going down around you. Of course this is mainly theory on my part since confronting bad guys is not my stock in trade. Just my two cents.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

...found it...still snaps the old eyelids wide open...

Suspect Ambushes Officers and is Killed in Shootout.....

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    That's really weird, even the dates from when this was published is different, 2013 vs 2012. I even Googled it to make sure I wasn't posting a redundant thread after I had searched for it on here.

Sorry mods, please feel free to lock her down.

WORD
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Sponsored Links