14-year-old at the center of "NRA T-Shirt Controversy" now facing possibility of 1 ye

14-year-old at the center of "NRA T-Shirt Controversy" now facing possibility of 1 ye

This is a discussion on 14-year-old at the center of "NRA T-Shirt Controversy" now facing possibility of 1 ye within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This showed up on my Facebook page from the NRA, Suspended and arrested after refusing to change his NRA shirt. Today, 14-year-old Jared Marcum appeared ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By Exacto

Thread: 14-year-old at the center of "NRA T-Shirt Controversy" now facing possibility of 1 ye

This showed up on my Facebook page from the NRA,

Suspended and arrested after refusing to change his NRA shirt. Today, 14-year-old Jared Marcum appeared before a judge and was officially charged with obstructing an officer. ( full story on the link )

14-year-old at the center of "NRA T-Shirt Controversy" now facin - WTRF 7 News Sports Weather - Wheeling Steubenville

This is another crazy example of schools going overboard, a NRA T-Shirt, really?
    “The only defense against
    violent evil people are
    good people who are
    more skilled at violence.”

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    James Adkins, claims that when Jared refused to stop talking, that hindered his ability to do his job, hence, the obstruction charge.
    When evoking your right to remain silent is a prosecutable offense, we are truly lost.

Is this the part of the "common sense" gun laws that our president keeps trying to push on us? Soon hunting and firearm related magazines and books will be delivered in plain brown wrapping so innocent eyes wont become traumatized as they pass through the mail system. A spent bullet bobble on your key chain is enough for troopers to search your car along with colt or S&W sticker affixed to one of your windows or bumper.

I imagine cell phones and harsh words are supposed the deter a violent criminal during critical moments, heck, maybe if we treat them with kindness and understanding they would just give up and walk away. But, back on track, displaying logo's of the NRA is not offensive compared to what I've seen other kids wear. But hey, the minority controls the majority.
    “The only defense against
    violent evil people are
    good people who are
    more skilled at violence.”

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    ... initially claimed that the student was arrested for disturbing the education process, obstructing an officer and Lardieri says that officers even went as far as threatening to charge Jared with making terroristic threats.

... the arresting officer from the Logan City Police Department, James Adkins, claims that when Jared refused to stop talking, that hindered his ability to do his job, hence, the obstruction charge. On the other side, Ben White points out that nowhere in the arresting officer's petition, does it mention Jared ever making any threats or acting in a violent manner.

Wearing a shirt = disrupting the educational process. Yet, it was the "educator's" bitchery and leftist problem with it that disrupted everything. I'm sure the kids weren't all in a tizzy simply because he had his 100% cottons on, no matter what emblem/logo was there.

Continuing to speak in the presence of hired staff (LE) is considered "obstruction," eh? Well, to be fair, we don't know exactly what the line of dialog was, at the time. I'm sure the exact line of dialog wasn't written down, either. We might never have a truthful and corroborated rendition of the dialog known, beyond the claims of both parties.

Maybe it was the lunacy of suggesting he'd be slapped with the BS charge of "making terroristic threats" for having worn a shirt that caused him to speak out about that.

I wonder ... What about people who refuse to stand up and walk to the squad car, when being arrested (ie, protestors at a rally), forcing the police to carry them in order to take them, with no semblance of helping them in their arrest actions? I suppose with the logic of this case, here, such people would also be liable to be charged with "obstruction" as well, since from LE's point of view there was an easier way that the arrestee could have taken. Not deliberately contributing to making it easiest on LE, while being arrested: obstruction. In Logan County, at least.

One year in jail. For wearing a shirt that got "educators" bent. What. A. World. It once was a justice system; now, it's clear that it is merely becoming a "system," designed to chew up and spit out dolt conforming automatons out the back end. These absolutists need a stark education on justice, methinks.

Well, the good thing is, this kid is getting a stellar education, right now, on the lunacy of the left, absolutism and the zero-tolerance policies that are the hallmark of the declining education standards of our citizens. He's seeing first-hand why some of us are fighting so hard against the sort of bureaucratic idjet that would have us on our knees at their whim.

Next "book report" this kid writes should, I think, be on the Constitution and the process of justice. I'll just bet that'll be taken well, possibly as being disruptive to the education process as well.

Absolutism: advocacy of a rule by absolute standards or principles; an absolute standard or principle.
    Despotism: a system of government in which the ruler has unlimited power : absolutism; a despotic state.
    shadowwalker likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

This is complete BS.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    This is complete BS.
    This is our country. If you don't like it, what do you intend on doing about it? Eisenstein defined insanity as: "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." What we have been trying doesn't seem to be working. So now what?
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Quote Originally Posted by gjkozy View Post
    Is this the part of the "common sense" gun laws that our president keeps trying to push on us? Soon hunting and firearm related magazines and books will be delivered in plain brown wrapping so innocent eyes wont become traumatized as they pass through the mail system. A spent bullet bobble on your key chain is enough for troopers to search your car along with colt or S&W sticker affixed to one of your windows or bumper.

I imagine cell phones and harsh words are supposed the deter a violent criminal during critical moments, heck, maybe if we treat them with kindness and understanding they would just give up and walk away. But, back on track, displaying logo's of the NRA is not offensive compared to what I've seen other kids wear. But hey, the minority controls the majority.
    At this point I'm convinced this a big effort by the NEA to start brainwashing kids to think guns are bad at an early age.
    Yet, schools are still required to have fire drills, even though no kid has died in a school fire in decades. And most school systems have shooter/intruder drills. Even though the same people who come up with these stupid rules about "guns" (Administrative levels) refuse to fund armed security at these very same schools.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    I don't usually wear a lot of gun related stuff, but I'm going to buy a NRA shirt today and wear it.

The shirt is not a bad thing, attempted rape on the 2A is !!!
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Did this occur in Logan Utah?
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Did this occur in Logan Utah?
    No, in Logan, Logan County, WV (southwestern WV).

That proves the mentality of some people. This stuff is gettin waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay outta hand. Gee whizz folks cant some people grow up. Oooops forgot most of them have been brainwashed and now dont know better. WOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gjkozy View Post
    Is this the part of the "common sense" gun laws that our president keeps trying to push on us?
    Yes, basically.

Fear and intimidation can be powerful motivators. Our chief lefty gets it. More of us should appreciate it.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I am not saying I agree or disagree, my question would be, was the student aware of a school policy that restricted this type of shirt? If so, why did he ignore the policy. And when told by school officials, why did he not comply. Deliberately stirring up controversy is not the wisest way to make a point. If you turn over enough rocks looking for snakes, sooner or latter you will get bit. Choose your battles wisely, and don't start trouble you can't handle.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Sponsored Links