Bad : Robbed in car at a Stop Sign

Bad : Robbed in car at a Stop Sign

This is a discussion on Bad : Robbed in car at a Stop Sign within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Apparently nobody is safe anywhere like they say. This person obviously did not have any kind of weapon to defend themselves with or the out ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Oldpsufan
  • 1 Post By mprp
  • 3 Post By accessbob

Thread: Bad : Robbed in car at a Stop Sign

Thumbs down Bad : Robbed in car at a Stop Sign

Apparently nobody is safe anywhere like they say. This person obviously did not have any kind of weapon to defend themselves with or the out come may have been different.

If it had been me, the robber would have been popped 7 times with some "personal defense" .380 rounds at point blank range. The headline would be different too.

Keep a look out, things are really going bad these days.

Woman Robbed While Sitting at Stop Sign
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Unfortunately the man only said he had a weapon, did not show a weapon and in that situation had you unloaded 7 rounds the headlines would indeed be different..something like this: Local man arrested for murder while sitting at stop light. Sad, but true..that's just the way the law would see it.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

VIP Member
    I am guessing that it happens all the time. I doubt many people expect to be hit up in their car. things have be going bad for a long time.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    Just simply punch the gas if you have room. I'm assuming she was the only one at the stop sign.
    StormRhydr and msgt/ret like this.
    ďA nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.Ē
    ― Edward R. Murrow
    After all, when the Supreme Court twice comes within one vote of ruling that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Bill of Rights isnít an individual right, Americans have a right to be concerned.

mano3 likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Unfortunately the man only said he had a weapon, did not show a weapon and in that situation had you unloaded 7 rounds the headlines would indeed be different..something like this: Local man arrested for murder while sitting at stop light. Sad, but true..that's just the way the law would see it.
    Well, I'm guessing that JoJoGunn meant that if he saw the weapon. I know that, if someone said they had a weapon, I'd say - "okay, I'm getting my wallet" and reach for my SR1911 or XDs45 (depending on which side was easier to get to at the time) and, said robber might have made tracks as he fled. But it all depends on all of the circumstances. I, for one, usually do NOT have my windows down and I always have my car doors locked when sitting or driving. Those two things can give more time to act. Of course hitting the gas to get away could be possible too, unless he really did have a gun and then fired at you which could prove fatal to you. So, I like showing him my gun and letting him decide what he wants to do.
    JoJoGunn, dben002 and msgt/ret like this.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links