"Armed Robbery' ?

"Armed Robbery' ?

This is a discussion on "Armed Robbery' ? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just saw a news story from New Mexico. A man dressed in dark clothes and a hoodie held up a conv. store with a weed ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: "Armed Robbery' ?

Distinguished Member

Wink "Armed Robbery' ?

Just saw a news story from New Mexico. A man dressed in dark clothes and a hoodie held up a conv. store with a weed wackier as his weapon of choice. The clerk complied and gave the man an undisclosed amount of money. He then escaped thru the front door. guess the feds will have to ban weedwacjers with more than 2 feet of trimmer line, and you will have to register one when you buy it. Just when you think you have heard it all.
    ep1953 likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Molon Lave my weed whackers! From my cold, dead hands!
    Zeebra724 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Mine automatically spools out more line as needed. Does that mean I have an assault whacker? I mean come on, nobody NEEDS an automatic weed whacker. Those are just for right-wing lawn care nuts.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using TapTalk 2

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EMTJosh View Post
    Mine automatically spools out more line as needed. Does that mean I have an assault whacker? I mean come on, nobody NEEDS an automatic weed whacker. Those are just for right-wing lawn care nuts.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using TapTalk 2
    Definetly an assault whacker! Is it black
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    A man dressed in dark clothes and a hoodie held up a conv. store with a weed wackier as his weapon of choice. The clerk complied ...
    Either that's one heck of a long cord, there, or the felon plugged in upon arrival, or he was powering one of those uber-loud gas monstrosities. Turbo Wacker variant, I suppose, if gas-powered. Definitely needs to be regulated.

Good example of how a felon's gonna do what he's gonna do, irrespective of whether he happens to have this or that weapon handy at the moment. He'll find some way, some tool to raise his chances, and/or get other cohorts to assist in his predations. Catching them in the act and being capable of withstanding their predations is going to work; disarming victims beforehand won't, not ever.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Certainly a different weapon of choice!
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

I would probably shoot in that circumstance, assuming I wasn't laughing too hard.
    Zeebra724 and accessbob like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I would probably shoot in that circumstance, assuming I wasn't laughing too hard.
    I probably would, as well. Those buggers can take down 1.5in branches. Can't imagine they'd be any less effective with shredding everything down to the bone. Qualifies for "serious injury" by any standard, IMO. Absolutely. You (felons) threaten my life, then my life is defensible to the degree required to erase that threat.
    ep1953 likes this.

VIP Member
    Agree with ccw9mm. Back when I was younger and earned extra bucks doing lawn work I had a lot of fun with the weed wacker. But one of those going full tilt could clean you to the bone and leave you looking like a poorly carved Thanksgiving turkey carcass.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Did he have a holster or did he carry Mexican style?
    blanco64 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Agree with ccw9mm. Back when I was younger and earned extra bucks doing lawn work I had a lot of fun with the weed wacker. But one of those going full tilt could clean you to the bone and leave you looking like a poorly carved Thanksgiving turkey carcass.
    Same here, I still do have fun with one when doing yard work around the house. Just thinking about taking one to the face (or any part of the body) makes me cringe.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Great, now we'll have to start getting background checks in order to buy them, and trimmer line refills will be impossible to find.
    maniacmechanic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Same here, I still do have fun with one when doing yard work around the house. Just thinking about taking one to the face (or any part of the body) makes me cringe.
    Taking one to a pair of tennis shoes makes a good "dent." A lot of leather/vinyl gets torn up pretty quickly. Can't imagine taking one fully on the leg or arm, let alone the face or throat. I'm sure it could get deadly pretty quick, there. That is, assuming a person just let it happen. As with any "long" tool, I'd imagine the wielder could get disarmed reasonably easily.

Imagine Bubba's surprise: felony by weed wacker, disarmed by grandma. He'd have a lot of explainin' to do on D Block.
    blitzburgh likes this.

"Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

How did he escape? A riding mower?

"the muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in every language" anonymous
    accessbob and PEF like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links