Good News: Shop owner kills burglar; second man gets away but is captured soon after

This is a discussion on Good News: Shop owner kills burglar; second man gets away but is captured soon after within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Business owner fatally shoots break-in suspect | MyFOX8.com...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 3 Post By OldVet
  • 3 Post By msgt/ret

Thread: Good News: Shop owner kills burglar; second man gets away but is captured soon after

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar

Thumbs up Good News: Shop owner kills burglar; second man gets away but is captured soon after

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

2. Remove Ads

Not sure I'da risked my life to run down the street and confront two guys for $4,940 worth of copper wire, but I'm glad it worked out for him/her.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

From the article:
    “Hate to see anybody get killed, but when you go to somebody’s place of business and you’re messing with their livelihood where they make their living… just got to stand your ground and look after yourself,” Moore said.

The man's business had been broken into three times since March. I say the business owner did an excellent job defending both himself and the community. In regard to the quote from the article, the only thing I hate to see is that he didn't get BOTH of the scumbags. If the courts won't keep the criminal scumbags locked up then eliminating them from our midst one (or two) at a time works for me. Maybe sooner or later they will decide that its better to get a job.

VIP Member
    We have been broken into 6 times in one and half years over ten thousand dollars of welding cable alone . Plus much damage to trucks and equipment . That is why we have put in security measures to minimize more theft. But to be sure i would never shoot someone not armed or if they were running away . It is most certainly supporting drug habits.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

This is the wave of the future. Crime is not going down or decreasing, it is actually on the rise. Drug use will be the common denominator with crimes like this. The cretins get hooked on drugs and they can't work to earn money to buy more drugs. They resort to theft and sometimes they get caught like these two.

One is dead, the price to pay for drug use and stealing. The other no doubt will not learn his lesson, even in jail, he will be on drugs and continue the usage and when he gets out, he will continue stealing until he ends up just like his dead buddy.

I have a feeling the drug addictions will be getting worse and we will face people just like this business owner did. I hate to say it but that's just how it is.
    ccw9mm and msgt/ret like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    This is the wave of the future. Crime is not going down or decreasing, it is actually on the rise. Drug use will be the common denominator with crimes like this. The cretins get hooked on drugs and they can't work to earn money to buy more drugs. They resort to theft and sometimes they get caught like these two.

One is dead, the price to pay for drug use and stealing. The other no doubt will not learn his lesson, even in jail, he will be on drugs and continue the usage and when he gets out, he will continue stealing until he ends up just like his dead buddy.

I have a feeling the drug addictions will be getting worse and we will face people just like this business owner did. I hate to say it but that's just how it is.
    Yes there are a lot of them dying by handguns, but think of the message being sent to the Druggues. And think about it. Thier number is dwindeling with every shot fired.

We have to stand and fight to win. If we roll over and give in to their Criminal Activities to feed their addiction will only make it worse.
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I hope more business owners run the BGs down. For sure there're not enough LEOs to do it.
    OD*, msgt/ret and ep1953 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I hope more business owners run the BGs down. For sure there're not enough LEOs to do it.
    That's a big 10-4.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    Hanks is charged with felony breaking and entering, felony larceny and possession of stolen property. He is being held in the Rockingham County Detention Facility under a $75,000 bond.
    They forgot one additional charge, felony murder, after all his actions resulted in the death of his partner.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Not sure I'da risked my life to run down the street and confront two guys for $4,940 worth of copper wire, but I'm glad it worked out for him/her.
    Interesting to note, however, that running down the street and confronting them wasn't any issue in determining that it was indeed self defense.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Links