Zimmerman Trial is this Year’s Duke Lacrosse Case

This is a discussion on Zimmerman Trial is this Year’s Duke Lacrosse Case within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A different perspective on the Zimmerman case from Ann Coulter. (I do not mean to start another "Zimmerman" thread, but this article stands on its ...

Thread: Zimmerman Trial is this Year’s Duke Lacrosse Case

A different perspective on the Zimmerman case from Ann Coulter. (I do not mean to start another "Zimmerman" thread, but this article stands on its own, in my opinion)

Zimmerman Trial is this Year's Duke Lacrosse Case | Human Events

This thread probably won't last long given the rules on GZ threads.

On topic: No, it isn't. The Duke case was pushed by the (later disbarred and now a convicted felon) Durham Co DA (Nifong) because he needed the black votes to win his reelection. This case was pushed by supervisory special prosecutor, Angela Corey, who has a hard on for prosecuting and convicting someone for a SYG shooting since the law is running rampant over their prosecutions and tarnishing that 95%+ conviction rate that prosecutors love to tout come election time. She used her regional authority (she oversees like half a dozen counties) to bring a case when the local authorities didn't think there really was one. Bill Lee was vilified but now he looks much more like the one guy in all this who had common sense.

The Duke case worked in reverse, the local authorities brought a farcical case, it was exposed for it's absurdity and the state (AG Cooper) stepped in and put a stop to it. Nifong lost his job, was disbarred for life, is now a convicted felon (he did 1 day); Durham Co. paid a settlement (undisclosed amount), Duke REALLY paid (undisclosed, but rumored to be over $30 Million).

There are similarities in the media frenzy and the racial issues, but they aren't really that similar, except that the left wing media will come out of it looking stupid at the end.

For the record, I think we are going to see a hung jury in favor of acquittal. I also know that this whole thing could have been avoided if GZ had not gotten out of his car.

From what I have read, Angela Corey and her team are also guilty of misconduct in bringing the case, including leaving out key information for the grand jury, such as photographs of injuries sustained by George Zimmerman, and introducing a letter supposedly written by their star witness Rachel Jeantel, that she was unable to read back to the court (pure fabrication of evidence). If there is any justice, Angela Corey may be facing criminal charges herself.

No new "Z" threads...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links