Bloomberg – Get Rid of Self Defense Laws

This is a discussion on Bloomberg – Get Rid of Self Defense Laws within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Bloomberg ? Get Rid of Self Defense Laws I would rather my deal with my wife's PTSD from shooting a violent attacker then deal with ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Bloomberg – Get Rid of Self Defense Laws

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

Bloomberg ? Get Rid of Self Defense Laws

I would rather my deal with my wife's PTSD from shooting a violent attacker then deal with her PTSD being violently assaulted. I was living in Florida when they passed the SYG and castle doctrine laws in 2005. I did some research looking at some of the cases that went to court before the laws when into affect. Anti gun DAs trying to prosecute people for using deadly force and not retreating from their 3rd story apartment. The George Zimmerman is a rare case where maybe self defense was not as cut and dry, and that some of his conduct leading up to the event may not be on the UP and UP for some people. If I'm attacked or my family is attacked I want the ability to survive and defend myself. Regardless if it means run or fight, I don't want to have to worry "OH GOD AM I GOING TO JAIL FOR THIS" how long do I need to retreat for until I can say hey I tried the BG is still trying to kill me and fight back. I've been shot at more times then I can count in Iraq and Afghanistan. Trying to have a cognitive thought while your life in danger about fight or flight and how the law applies is CRAZY!!! Just like while in combat, all I want to do is return home at the end of the day and not have someone from the military or local LE tell my wife I was killed by a violent attacker because I did nothing because I was scared if I responded with equal force I would have gone to prison.
    84160, bklynboy, JoJoGunn and 8 others like this.

I wish he'd just become a real nanny instead of trying to make America into a nanny state
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I totally despise these Idiot lawmakers on gun control committees,wanting to ban things,and,they have no clue.I totally despise, anyone not wanting me to protect myself,especially one that has body guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I wish he'd just become a real nanny instead of trying to make America into a nanny state
    Perhaps he played Nanny on the Muppet Babies. Think about it. We never do see her face.
    Tada gan irracht - Nothing without effort

Let's see him start by getting rid of his armed protection squad. The hypocritical POS even brings his bodyguards to his mansion in Bermuda -- no telling how many palms he greased to get them into Bermuda with guns.

The Federal gov't can't get basic background check laws passed, and this guy thinks that states are going to start repealing their SYG and SD laws? Seriously?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Bloomberg would legislate the size and thickness of a sheet of TP if he could get away with it. But then, he doesn't need it with all of his liberal hanger on crew anxious to simply kiss his .....
    co9mil likes this.

Well, Bloomberg continues to impress us with his ignorance and total lack of understanding of anything related to normal, sane people.
    84160 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Bloomberg is a parasite feeding his ego with the support of a few uninformed wannabe Mayors. I have either called or e-mailed each Florida mayor that has his/her name listed on the MAIG membership listing. The majority would not accept or if they did accept my call the mayor never returned my call as promised. E-mails were the same, either no reply or I received an answer all form letter.
    Bloomberg is the typical little man with the little man syndrome.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Classic power hungry Aristocrat. We have a history of dealing with these types.If I could just get that dad gone Military Industrial Complex out of the way.........
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Maby the people of NY should rid NY of him. What are the people there drinking, got to be some stupid juice ?

VIP Member
    New York City people think the world revolves around them and the U. S. ends at the Hudson River bloomberg is their Lord High ruler who knows all and is their Benevolent Master. They are grossly mistaken.
    zonker1986 and Wolf357 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

He doesn't even realize he just made himself look dumber than a dog turd. Illegal to defend yourself. Really? Then it would be illegal to defend someone else too, like his hired protective bodyguards do. No more protection for anyone??? Really??? I'm sure he meant that it would only apply to us and grant himself, other politicians and officials, and any of their buddies an exception.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    He doesn't even realize he just made himself look dumber than a dog turd. Illegal to defend yourself. Really? Then it would be illegal to defend someone else too, like his hired protective bodyguards do. No more protection for anyone??? Really??? I'm sure he meant that it would only apply to us and grant himself, other politicians and officials, and any of their buddies an exception.
    Where's my musket! Son, time to melt some lead.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    calling for the end of stand your ground laws.

Bloomberg, of course, can’t call the laws by their common names, and has to, instead, call them “shoot first” laws.

They're "Prove it Bub" statutes, creating a presumption that a person has ever right to be where he's got the right to be, going about his business, and that he need not bow down to the felonious predators in our world. That's as it should be. "Shoot first" and force someone to prove it wasn't justified later? Damned right.

Liberty-haters are just dandy, so long as they only hate their own liberties. But invariably they seek to dictate how everyone else should live. Bloomers is a poster boy for such hatred of others and their right to life and the living of it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links