Good: Home Invasion Fail

This is a discussion on Good: Home Invasion Fail within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Land O Lakes, Florida Suspects with fake gun shot during home invasion, Pasco deputies say | Breaking Tampa Bay, Florida and national news and weather ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Good: Home Invasion Fail

Good: Home Invasion Fail

Land O Lakes, Florida

Suspects with fake gun shot during home invasion, Pasco deputies say | Breaking Tampa Bay, Florida and national news and weather from Tampa Bay Online and The Tampa Tribune | TBO.com

Two men attempting to rob a home with a fake gun were shot by an occupant who brandished a real firearm...A visitor in the house shot the men with an authentic weapon, hitting both several times...
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    This is how it's done. Florida style.

Bugdude, I don't think I'm too far from you. I'm in Lake county. Are you enjoying living in Florida?

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    squid86 and WINTEJER000 like this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Best line in the article: "No one in the home was injured"

Stupidest line: Homeowner brandished a gun? Really? Don't journalists have dictionary's anymore?

Distinguished Member
    The details are sketchy. Sounds like they were all BGs. Even so, two of them are off the streets. Still a good day.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    This is how it's done. Florida style.

Bugdude, I don't think I'm too far from you. I'm in Lake county. Are you enjoying living in Florida?
    I'm in West Pasco, close to the gulf. I'm loving Florida!!! Golf year round, fishing, beach, huge antique car scene, gun ranges close by, lots to do, etc. I'm still trying to get used to the humidity. I played 18 holes of golf Sunday and drank 160 ozs of water in 3 hours. Sweated every drop out and then some.

We need to coordinate a DC range day for Central Florida. Lots of members here within an hours drive or less. If you're into golf or antique cars, let me know. Any good car shows over that way and it would give me an excuse to drive one over.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    The details are sketchy. Sounds like they were all BGs. Even so, two of them are off the streets. Still a good day.
    Reading the comments of the article, the particulars may be sketchy. But hey, as of right now 2 BGs are off the street and with any luck if the people defending the home were also up to no good perhaps this incident will result in the police investigation getting them too. Win - Win.

I like the outcome, but I will quibble over the use of the term "brandish", which in today's newspeak has a negative connotation. If it were up to me, I'd write that the invaders "brandished" a fake weapon, and the homeowner successfully employed a real one.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I'm noticing a disturbing trend in these stories. It's great that the homeowners are fighting off the bad guys (assuming the story to be accurate), but why are so many BG's surviving? Not that I have any special wish to see them dead, except the really vicious ones, but I would think that all these multiple gunshot victims would have a greater likelihood of perishing.

Poor ammo choices? Poor marksmanship? What's up?
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

The FB comments seem to suggest BG-on-BG crime. But as BugDude pointed out, this could possibly end up being a win/win situation.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Boy View Post
    Best line in the article: "No one in the home was injured"

Stupidest line: Homeowner brandished a gun? Really? Don't journalists have dictionary's anymore?
    Brandishing isn't a bad thing only. The journalist was accurate. Not only did the homeowner brandish a gun--he used it!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I'm still trying to get used to the humidity.
    That ain't happening. I still hate it after 20 years, the longest I've lived anywhere.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I'm noticing a disturbing trend in these stories. It's great that the homeowners are fighting off the bad guys (assuming the story to be accurate), but why are so many BG's surviving? Not that I have any special wish to see them dead, except the really vicious ones, but I would think that all these multiple gunshot victims would have a greater likelihood of perishing.

Poor ammo choices? Poor marksmanship? What's up?
    Neither - it's just that pistol wounds are pretty survivable, if major organs or the brain aren't completely destroyed.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Neither - it's just that pistol wounds are pretty survivable, if major organs or the brain aren't completely destroyed.
    I suppose so, but still I would think these folks getting shot four or five times would have a pretty low survival probability.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Florida sure is in the news a lot lately - you'd think the BG's would get the message.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links