bad : 5 killed at kinifepoint in denver bar

This is a discussion on bad : 5 killed at kinifepoint in denver bar within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 2 brothers plead guilty in Denver bar killings 2 brothers plead guilty in Denver bar killings Its stuff like this that make me think why ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: bad : 5 killed at kinifepoint in denver bar

2 brothers plead guilty in Denver bar killings

2 brothers plead guilty in Denver bar killings

Its stuff like this that make me think why arent we allowed to carry in bars in some states. I know we cant here in florida and it always angers me whenever I see something like this happen in a gun restricted area because there was a possibolity it could have been stopped. 5 lives lost for $170 they all deserve the chair.

Though I agree on lifting the restriction, honestly I think going to bars is a bad idea in general in safety terms. Obviously this particular case isn't representative of the typical dangers, but still.

And I agree on the chair.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Texas has the no carry in bars that derive more than 51% of income from alcohol.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Texas has the no carry in bars that derive more than 51% of income from alcohol.
    Does this apply to owners and employees as well?

I agree on the chair for these 2. So sad that 5 people lose their lives so the BG's can split $170

The 51% statute only applies to patrons.

As I understand, employees can carry behind the bar with permission from the establishments owner.
    Owner, Maple Leaf Firearms LLC (07 FFL/02SOT)

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Though I agree on lifting the restriction, honestly I think going to bars is a bad idea in general in safety terms. Obviously this particular case isn't representative of the typical dangers, but still.

And I agree on the chair.
    Going to bars is asking for trouble. We as gun carriers have a responsibility to understand such things. Stay away from them.

As for the chair, I've always preferred electric bleachers.....more productivity per shock. Environmental whackos should have no problem agreeing.

I think you can carry openly if you own the business, (in Texas) and you can also let your employees carry. If you have a TABC (texas alcohol and beverage license) certificate, you can also carry. To get the tabc license, you have to go thru extensive background checks, just like getting a CHL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    Does this apply to owners and employees as well?

Distinguished Member
    It's okay to cc in bars in Wisconsin. I thought that was a bad idea until about 5 minutes ago when I read the attached article at the start of this post.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member
    Guns and alcohol generally do not mix well. Appearantly neither do knives and alcohol. Or automobiles and alcohol. However, Crown Royal and Coke mix very well together. Drink responsibly, carry responsibly.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Guns and alcohol generally do not mix well. Appearantly neither do knives and alcohol. Or automobiles and alcohol. However, Crown Royal and Coke mix very well together. Drink responsibly, carry responsibly.
    I agree with you. It mixes well with Ginger ale as well and sometimes even with just ice cubes.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    Going to bars is asking for trouble. We as gun carriers have a responsibility to understand such things. Stay away from them.

As for the chair, I've always preferred electric bleachers.....more productivity per shock. Environmental whackos should have no problem agreeing.
    That's an interesting idea. Does it take more power to electrocute murderers if they're in series vs. parallel? Sounds like a problem from one of my Circuits classes.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I have always been in favor of public hangings. I think they should put it on pay per view and raise money to run the prison system. Less burden on the taxpayers. Of course, schools, especially those with "troubled" youth, would get a free season pass.
    If at first you don't succeed then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

-- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post

Those two deserve 220 volt c-clamps placed around the "boys"..then after the juice is turned on everybody else can go home..........
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Never in the history of man, have bars been described as places where trouble, and danger were absent. On one hand, someone reading that might say "well, thats why we should have our guns there!"

On the other hand, I think its the better course to avoid such places altogether. Id lay odds that the place where that happened was more akin to "The Bucket O'blood", than Studio 54.

Now, on a more serious note; I note that some of our Northern Brethren mention "blended whiskey". Harrrumph!

Might I suggest some of Tennessee's finest sip'n whiskey...George Dickel.
    lionround likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links