Hooded, masked men with a stick, a stapler, and a gun...

This is a discussion on Hooded, masked men with a stick, a stapler, and a gun... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ... Invade home, staple both residents, in the head. Perhaps they were looking for an "upscale version" of the game rock-paper-scissors? You decide. Story here: ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Hooded, masked men with a stick, a stapler, and a gun...

... Invade home, staple both residents, in the head.

Perhaps they were looking for an "upscale version" of the game rock-paper-scissors?

You decide. Story here: http://www.delawareonline.com/articl...nclick_check=1

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

A stapler, huh. Interesting choice of weapon. Luckily for the residents the one with handgun didn't use it.

I'd take any number of staples to the head/face instead of a bullet anywhere, any day.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Though I don't condone the, um, stapling of innocent people, I'd be pretty relieved if that's the worst injury I came out with in that situation (hopefully a gun would prevent it from going that far).

I find it strangely refreshing to read a story of a home invasion where the invaders didn't shoot, slice, strangle, rape, mutilate, or incinerate anybody, just for the hell of it. Like, hey, these guys weren't SO bad. I guess that's what you call the "lowering of standards."
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    I'm sorry, I know it isn't funny but I laughed when I read this. I couldn't help it. I know home invasion is serious, but honestly who robs a place with a stapler? I'm just glad it was stapler that got shot and not the gun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR cuz robots are cooler than fruit.
    Sister likes this.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Quote Originally Posted by squid86 View Post
    I'm sorry, I know it isn't funny but I laughed when I read this. I couldn't help it. I know home invasion is serious, but honestly who robs a place with a stapler? I'm just glad it was stapler that got shot and not the gun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR cuz robots are cooler than fruit.
    Yeah, I have to admit, I chuckled a bit as well...

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Hard to believe what some people do now days. You can't make this stuff up.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I would feel bad for killing a home invader armed with a stapler....on second thought... no I wouldnt.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Its a good chance the BGs couldnt find any ammo either! So staples are all they could get. DR
    oakchas and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    Its a good chance the BGs couldnt find any ammo either! So staples are all they could get. DR
    That would be my take also; you can always find staples at Lowe’s but trying to find ammo can be a real challenge.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    more unconventional weapons? darn it ! OAKCHAS, quit posting stories about injuries sustained from attacks involving non-guns!

ban staple guns! ban wooden sticks! ban masks! ban camo! ban tan shirts and those darn silly panama hats! save the children !!!
    oakchas likes this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

They were just misunderstood - after all, they were wearing hoodies and obviously innocent.

Too bad the home owner didn't have one of those Glock staple removers.
    I'll bet he gets one real soon.
    Dirtbags are everywhere...
    lionround and ZOMBIEvs42 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    He'd better not have more than seven staples in it or he's in big trouble with the Bloomie Bunch!
    Taurahe, RETSUPT99 and ep1953 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    On a side not NY just passed a law banning any staplers that hold more than 7 staples....The home owners are lucky that it was not the handgun that they got shot with. That being said I bet that still hurts a little getting hit with that stapler.

I don't want to start a caliber war, but I think it's clear that 5/8" staples are the proven manstoppers. 1/4" just won't do the job.
    ZOMBIEvs42 and RETSUPT99 like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links