In Wisconsin, it's okay to fire warning shots?

This is a discussion on In Wisconsin, it's okay to fire warning shots? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; In the Milwaukee area, no less... I've been led to believe that Milwaukee is, like Madison, a liberal bastion... Apparently they are liberal with firearm ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Str8upguy
  • 1 Post By 103FLHX
  • 3 Post By HMB
  • 1 Post By squid86

Thread: In Wisconsin, it's okay to fire warning shots?

In Wisconsin, it's okay to fire warning shots?

In the Milwaukee area, no less... I've been led to believe that Milwaukee is, like Madison, a liberal bastion... Apparently they are liberal with firearm safety... Or something?

Story: http://wauwatosa.patch.com/groups/po...burglary-chase

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good to know... I guess.

I would have thought it would be the other way around and the DA would be throwing the book at said homeowner.

Looks to be a crowded little slice of the Milwaukee 'burbs, there: click.

Maybe it's a recognition of what used to be true: protecting yourself against violent threats if fine, so long as no innocents get harmed. Not that I agree with the general concept of firing into the air, within a "busy" part of town, not at all. But it's nice to see someone seeking to do good isn't strung up by the toenails simply because of protocol and zero tolerance. Perhaps it's a sign.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Please excuse me I'm not trying to be rude, but this fellow that did the shooting should be locked up. Milwaukee is not the kind of place that you should fire bullets in the air. If they go up, they come down and there's a good chance something or someone will get hurt. The article said the shooter chased a man who was RUNNING AWAY. Said nothing about firing warning shots in that scenario. The only thing this guy did right was stop at the border of his property. This is a perfect example of what not to do with a weapon. I'm pretty disgusted after reading this article and to think it happened in my home state. I need some Spotted Cow and cheese.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

Ale Asylum trumps New Glarus...but thanks for keeping it local. :)

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    southernwi likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Maybe his "warning shots" were just misses.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

As one who lives in the metro Milwaukee area...it's a liberal bastion...not quite to the extent of Madison, though.

Frankly, I'm surprised the shooter didn't go down on charges here.
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

HMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8upguy View Post
    Please excuse me I'm not trying to be rude, but this fellow that did the shooting should be locked up. Milwaukee is not the kind of place that you should fire bullets in the air. If they go up, they come down and there's a good chance something or someone will get hurt. The article said the shooter chased a man who was RUNNING AWAY. Said nothing about firing warning shots in that scenario. The only thing this guy did right was stop at the border of his property. This is a perfect example of what not to do with a weapon. I'm pretty disgusted after reading this article and to think it happened in my home state. I need some Spotted Cow and cheese.
    There is always a chance the bullet could have come down on a liberal...that would be fine with me.
    Mjr_Fail, NONAME762 and 6459 like this.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Drawing your gun and firing into the air is not self defense, it's irresponsible. I don't understand how this guy is not being charged for public endangerment or something. If he shot at the guy and missed is one thing, but to shoot into the air is idiotic.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    phreddy likes this.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upguy View Post
    I gotta agree with you on this one. What goes up must come down... One of the people who commented left this link:

Seven-year-old boy dies after being hit by stray bullet fired into the air as he walked to July 4 fireworks display | Mail Online

I just really can't think of any scenarios where firing into the air would be a good idea.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

If I was to fire a warning shot it would be COM plain and simple. If the BG was running away I would not fire.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Was the guy with the gun named Yosemite Sam, buy any chance? And was he chasing a wascally wabbit and yelling tarnations for the whole town to hear?
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Ammo is too expensive for warning shots. If I miss, consider that your warning shot.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Links