This is why you never give up...

This is a discussion on This is why you never give up... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; After being shot several times by the home invaders, he still fought back, and killed one with a blow to the head with the proverbial ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: This is why you never give up...

After being shot several times by the home invaders, he still fought back, and killed one with a blow to the head with the proverbial "blunt object."

The home invasion victim is in serious condition... But he's alive. BG, not so much.

Story: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/...asion-robbery/

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    ArmyCop and paramedic70002 like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    I was born and raised in Essex Md. it was a great area back in the day 60's and mid 70's but it has changed alot over the years . Good for the homeowner wish him a speedy recovery
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog...Good for him...
    blitzburgh, jim282 and OD* like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Yup, as somebody else mentioned in another thread: Just because you get shot, doesn't mean the fights over - as this guy proved.
    jim282, Brad426 and Aceoky like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Yup, as somebody else mentioned in another thread: Just because you get shot, doesn't mean the fights over - as this guy proved.
    The opposite is also true. Just because you shoot someone, it doesn't mean the fight is over...
    blitzburgh and Dandyone like this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    I was born and raised in Essex Md. it was a great area back in the day 60's and mid 70's but it has changed alot over the years . Good for the homeowner wish him a speedy recovery
    So I shouldn't be singing walkin in a essex wonderland here? heheh...
    Kudos though to the homeowner for staying in the fight and getting the job done!
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    What a trashy news website! Lots of ads, and my pop-up killer and cookie stealth had to work overtime.
    I hope the guy recovers quickly and IDs the other perp.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

It's too bad he didn't have a smaller blunt object to hit the BGs with. One that is operated by a handheld device which uses a small explosive that burns powder, resulting in a gas which expands and propels the object down a tube...

Gun. I'm talking about a gun. It's too bad he didn't have a gun instead.
    Brad426, Snub44 and blitzburgh like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    It's too bad he didn't have a smaller blunt object to hit the BGs with. One that is operated by a handheld device which uses a small explosive that burns powder, resulting in a gas which expands and propels the object down a tube...

Gun. I'm talking about a gun. It's too bad he didn't have a gun instead.
    Good thing you clarified that.

Anyway, good for the homeowner. It's amazing what the body can do sometimes, as long as the mind is willing. I've read some incredible stories - like people with their faces blown half off by gunfire still bringing down their attacker, and surviving for a near-total recovery and a normal life. NEVER give up.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member
    Glad the homeowner survived. I'd love to know what that blunt object was...a bowling ball?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Blunt objects are all I am allowed to arm myself with in Maryland.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Looks like that "blunt object" did its job.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

Good for the home owner. Hope they get the 2nd perp off the streets.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Glad the homeowner survived. I'd love to know what that blunt object was...a bowling ball?
    Said the homeowners wife, Brunhilda, sporting a bit of a goose egg, "Homer always said I was a blockhead. Come to find out that's an asset"
    NONAME762 likes this.

...Why?

...from handgunlaw/Maryland page:

Deadly Force Laws
    Maryland Self Defense Laws are almost all based on Case Law and not Statute. Below is from Wikipedia “Right of self-defense in Maryland”. I can’t find any of the cases mentioned on a Maryland Government site to post a link to. Many are old cases. They can be found on law sites with a Google search. I am not sure how reliable this information is but it is the only info I can find on Maryland Deadly Force Laws. Use it as a start in your search to find more information
    Maryland also follows the common law rule that, outside of one's home, a person, before using deadly force in self-defense, has the duty "'to retreat or avoid danger if such means were within his power and consistent with his safety.'" DeVaughn v. State, 232 Md. 447, 453, 194 A.2d 109, 112 (1963), cert. denied, 376 U.S. 527 (1964), quoting Bruce v. State, 218 Md. 87, 97, 145 A.2d 428, 433 (1958). See also Burch v. State, 346 Md. 253, 283, 696 A.2d 443, 458 (1997).
    But a person does not have to retreat if it would not be safe for the person to do so. "[I]f the peril of the defendant was imminent, he did not have to retreat but had a right to stand his ground and to defend and protect himself." Bruce v. State, supra, 218 Md. at 97, 145 A.2d at 433.
    The duty to retreat also does not apply if one is attacked in one's own home. "[A] man faced with the danger of an attack upon his dwelling need not retreat from his home to escape the danger, but instead may stand his ground and, if necessary to repel the attack, may kill the attacker." Crawford v. State, 231 Md. 354, 361, 190 A.2d 538, 541 (1963). The Court of Appeals said in Crawford, a case in which the defendant fatally shot a younger man who was attempting to break into his home to beat and rob him:
    "* * * A man is not bound to retreat from his house. He may stand his ground there and kill an[y] person who attempts to commit a felony therein, or who attempts to enter by force for the purpose of committing a felony, or of inflicting great bodily harm upon an inmate. In such a case the owner or any member of the family, or even a lodger in the house, may meet the intruder at the threshold, and prevent him from entering by any means rendered necessary by the exigency, even to the taking of his life, and the homicide will be justifiable."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links