file this under "BAD"

file this under "BAD"

This is a discussion on file this under "BAD" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man goes into a theater wearing a ballistic vest and open carrying a 9mm. While this is legal in Michigan, (actually I am not sure ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: file this under "BAD"

file this under "BAD"

Man goes into a theater wearing a ballistic vest and open carrying a 9mm.

While this is legal in Michigan, (actually I am not sure about the vest) it did cause a lot of concern. Then the guy flashes a fake CIA ID card, original tv reports said "badge".

They are charging him with impersonating a CIA agent from what I understand.

His lawyer claims he was dressed like an agent because he was going to see Red 2, the new Bruce Willis movie about retired CIA agents. Lawyer says it's no difference than going to see Star Wars dressed as a storm trooper.

Technically I suppose that's true, still I prefer to keep my gun concealed when I go to the movies, and at all other times.

FBI: Man at Michigan theater had armor, gun, phony CIA identification | Fox News

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Cancelling plans to go see 'The Devil Wears Prada' dressed up as the Devil...(Miranda Priestly), with a drop leg holster. Sigh...

I file it under "Shallow end of the gene pool".
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

I don't know about Bad, but certainly Dumb..

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    I would imagine a lot of concealed carriers are on heightened alert at movie theaters these days...
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Are we bored? Do we not have the common sense anymore to not do outlandish things? Sounds like this person is in desperate need of attention and does something like this to gain it.

Certainly makes gun owners who won't do idiotic stuff like this, look like him.. Geesh. What a "maroon"!

Maybe spending a few days in jail and a hefty fine for impersonating will teach a thing or two.
    oneshot likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Dumb and stupid come to mind, among other things.
    Sister likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

...impersonating a FED? he needs some self-esteem counseling...

...oh, dupe, by the way...finally found the first one:

Ammunition You Carry and ammunition taken to the range?

...maybe a blended thread with a different title would make them both easier to find?

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Are we bored? Do we not have the common sense anymore to not do outlandish things? Sounds like this person is in desperate need of attention and does something like this to gain it.

Certainly makes gun owners who won't do idiotic stuff like this, look like him.. Geesh. What a "maroon"!

Maybe spending a few days in jail and a hefty fine for impersonating will teach a thing or two.
    NONAME762 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Dumb and stupid come to mind, among other things.

^^^^^I'm in this camp here^^^^^^^^^

Guys a dumm-E for doing this.

Hopefully he will have it figured out before his next debut in public.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Why do people do stupid things like this? Are they that desperate for attention...any attention? Sounds like a case of arrested development to me.

One night in jail and make him write "I won't run around in a costume pretending I'm big and bad" 1000 times on the chalk board.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

...I'm just glad he got himself caught before he decided it was time for the finale...we missed a bullet on this one...literally...

VIP Member
    For the record, a real gun or anything that looks like a real gun is not a costume or fashion accessory for walking around anywhere there may be anyone (armed) who doesn't know what's going on (like a cop responding to a MWAG).
    oneshot likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Senior Moderator
    Dang it. I was going to see a retro Star Wars flick dressed like Harrison Ford.

I guess I'm going have to leave my "Blaster" at home.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I would think that he deserves everything/anything he gets from the courts...fine, some room and board, and an attachment to his Vita...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Officialdom doesn't like being "impersonated," even if only seemingly so. Statutes cover that sort of thing, false as the impersonation might be.

Of course, dressing up isn't unlawful. I'm betting had he not flashed a "badge" or fake ID sort of thing, nobody would have thought much about it, particularly if others were dressing up for the show. Not too different than coming prepared to, say, a midnight showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show stocked-up with "supplies."

Wouldn't have done the ID thing, myself. Given the knee-jerk lunacy of the leftists and alarmists, and given last year's "theater" thing in Aurora, it's just sensible to stay away from that aspect for awhile. Wouldn't have done a body armor type vest, either, but that's just me. If lawful in the state, it's reasonable to do. But then, openly, outwardly visible as a vest, at a theater so soon after the Aurora mess, it doesn't seem like the rational thing to do. Not that I'm too concerned about protecting themselves for their knee-jerkness, so to speak, but I am more or less cognizant that things could easily go the way this guy's predicament is going.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links