Don't Mess With TEXAS WOMEN

Don't Mess With TEXAS WOMEN

This is a discussion on Don't Mess With TEXAS WOMEN within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Houston:Woman in Denny's opens fire on 6 robbers...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Don't Mess With TEXAS WOMEN

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    Around 4 a.m. ... robbed by six men with guns at a Denny's restaurant ... His brother's wife was in the restroom at the time, but when she got out she saw the group of robbers (seeing some on the floor at gunpoint) ...
    Dang. Tough scenario, against six armed robbers. Very likely, coming out of the restroom and rounding the corner would have quickly resulted in being seen and sent to the floor along with everyone else. Not a lot of choices, there, for one wishing to survive it: (a) pray you've not been seen and withdraw if able; (b) get "floored" along with everyone else; or, (c) fight back, immediately.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    This all sounds quite odd. 6 BGs ? Seems very unusual. That lady had some cajones to take them on. Kinda wonder what kind of weapons were involved.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    This is the type of wife to have.. She is one Brave cookie.
    DUNDEM, Ghost1958 and Badey like this.
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

She sounds slightly more dangerous than the 'Denny's Grand Slamwich' !!
    welder516, Kennydale and aznav like this.

This is like the scenario posted a couple of weeks ago, only this really happened, and there were 2X the amount of BGs.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I wonder that did all of the bg's had weapons or was it just a couple but anyway she choose not to be a victim. You go girl.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5, Shield 9mm
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Distinguished Member
    She was lucky and so was everyone around her. That includes those driving down the street, walking down the street, those who were thinking about going outside...the list goes on. I'm glad it turned out okay for the woman and her family.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I notice in the comment section some people said she needs 'range time'. Sure,shooting at targets is like engaging armed people.Certainly practice is important but it is not the real thing.I guess the arm chair warriors must criticize. I am glad she survived and no innocent people were hurt.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

VIP Member
    Sounds as though she needed some range time.
    Also sounded like her husbands brother was trying to imply "something", with this statement
    "I don't know if it was random or someone set him up. Because he got his own label," said the victim's brother., I just don't know what.
    Is this thug speak for he has some shady dealings?
    Kind of odd that SHE had the Permit to carry, and her husband who was down on the floor didn't.
    Sister likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Just puts some extra meaning to the old saying " don't ever mess with a Woman's jewelry". LOL. Apparently in Texas, it can get you shot real quickly.

Actually , depends upon what area of Houston this occurred in, some areas in particular she better be carrying. However, I love Texas and Southern Women, but you don't want to get either of them mad .... they're also good shots and don't take a lot of grief off anyone.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member
    I love a happy ending!
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Hey, I have the permit to carry and my husband does not, same for my sister's marriage, and my mom's, nothin weird about it to me! We all got our permits because of somewhat dangerous jobs that we had, and working the late shift at Denny's would qualify as one of those jobs IMO.
    oneshot likes this.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    Hey, I have the permit to carry and my husband does not, same for my sister's marriage, and my mom's, nothin weird about it to me! We all got our permits because of somewhat dangerous jobs that we had, and working the late shift at Denny's would qualify as one of those jobs IMO.
    Congrats .... that's a good thing, and glad to see you are doing it. Now I've been in Arkansas a lot in my life and own some land down there. Arkansas women, will remind you that there a lot of hills and that your body would never be found if you were to disappear ..... and I'm met many women in Arkansas that know guns well. Doesn't everyone in Arkansas know guns, except those around Little Rock ?
    oneshot likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Sounds as though she needed some range time.
    Also sounded like her husbands brother was trying to imply "something", with this statement
    "I don't know if it was random or someone set him up. Because he got his own label," said the victim's brother., I just don't know what.
    Is this thug speak for he has some shady dealings?
    Kind of odd that SHE had the Permit to carry, and her husband who was down on the floor didn't.
    I believe it means a music label for rappers
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links