"Instead of pulling my wallet...

This is a discussion on "Instead of pulling my wallet... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ... I pulled my gun." The old wallet trick.... Not supposed to work.... Action is faster than reaction... Draw against the drop, you can't win.... ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By tdave
  • 1 Post By BugDude
  • 2 Post By RicT
  • 2 Post By CCinaG26
  • 1 Post By oakchas

Thread: "Instead of pulling my wallet...

... I pulled my gun."

The old wallet trick.... Not supposed to work.... Action is faster than reaction... Draw against the drop, you can't win....

Or, can you?

This feller did. And he was such a noob to CCW, he had forgotten he had his gun...

The trial testimony portion of a story that may have already been posted here.

http://m.jsonline.com/more/news/crim...220382931.html

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

When I read that this morning I thought, "I wonder who was more surprised by the gun: The robbers or the would-be victim!"
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

I hope the victim got his $600 back. Glad to hear he and his son are OK. The perp got what he deserved and his partner got caught.
    Good guy wins Bad guys lose. I wonder if the GG had FMJ or HP's in his weapon?
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    How do you "forget" you have a gun on you? Especially when you fire 11 rounds out of it. That's not a single stack .380 ACP so it has some width to it.

He may have forgotten the gun but he didn't forget presentation and firing.

Glad this one turned out OK...could have gone south in several ways.
    warbirds likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I have often thought that producing the LCP from the front pocket should be effective, it takes a moment to register when something like that pops up instead of what you expect. Good for the guy, but stupid writer. He gave us the streets, but not the town or state. This is a "Worldwide Web", isn't it?
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

The robber's gun jammed after one shot. I see God was watching out for Mr. Triggs. Now I hope he heals equally miraculously.

I sort of wish they'd have told us what guns were used in the conflict.
    You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. --Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. --Albert Einstein
    You taught us to imagine, and we imagined your irrelevance! --Dalek Caan

I know it's wrong, but I lol'ed. "Wait, don't shoot, I have more money somewhere... Oh, right!" BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

Very glad it turned out the way it did.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    I have often thought that producing the LCP from the front pocket should be effective, it takes a moment to register when something like that pops up instead of what you expect. Good for the guy, but stupid writer. He gave us the streets, but not the town or state. This is a "Worldwide Web", isn't it?
    This was in Milwaukee...not a particularly super part of town.
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

Distinguished Member
    Sometimes it is better to be lucky than to be good. Good guy wins, bad guys lose. Sounds good to me. Would be nice to know what kind of guns were used.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Distinguished Member
    Well the bad guy was using a .45. I guess we will have to wait to see if we hear what the good guy was shooting. I'm betting on a 9. From what we get in this story it was likely a 3 man team. Good reminder for us to shoot, move and look around.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

tcbrad98 and themonk41 like this.

Thugs don't practice with their firearm like I do. They don't take care of their firearm like I do. Most importantly, I would rather die with my gun in hand then be shot anyway with out even trying to fight for my life. I hate a kind of man that takes away what others worked hard for. Newsflash, money CANNOT just be replaced, and obviously lives can't either. Draw and fight against a serious threat, if not, why carry at all. Simply my personal opinion.
    Oldpsufan and jackson85746 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CCinaG26 View Post
    Thugs don't practice with their firearm like I do. They don't take care of their firearm like I do. Most importantly, I would rather die with my gun in hand then be shot anyway with out even trying to fight for my life. I hate a kind of man that takes away what others worked hard for. Newsflash, money CANNOT just be replaced, and obviously lives can't either. Draw and fight against a serious threat, if not, why carry at all. Simply my personal opinion.
    Most don't train... but you might want to look at Gangland (the TV series) and see how the military is training them up for us....

Giving up $10-20, if I must, but being prepared to defend my life if needed... As in the video above posted... Denny Crane gave up his watch and wallet... and a little lead, too.
    Arborigine likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Links