Joe Arpaio to militias: Beware or be shot

This is a discussion on Joe Arpaio to militias: Beware or be shot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "You could end up with “30 rounds fired into” them by one of his deputies, “If they continue this, there could be some dead militia ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Joe Arpaio to militias: Beware or be shot

Joe Arpaio to militias: Beware or be shot

"You could end up with “30 rounds fired into” them by one of his deputies,
    “If they continue this, there could be some dead militia out there,”

Read more: Joe Arpaio to militias: Beware or be shot - Associated Press - POLITICO.com

Touchy situation all around..
    Don't call 911, call 1911...

I suffer from chronic & incurable "Condition One"
    But I've learned to live with it.

2. Remove Ads

I'm thinkin that could work both ways...just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post

+1 on that. Especially out in the sticks.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    It could, but the outcome will always be different. The civillisn militia does not have the color of authority.
    dukalmighty and Naufragia like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Snip

~ The deputy, illuminated by Malley’s flashlight at this point, identified himself as law enforcement, pointing out the “word sheriff across his chest,” and ordered Malley to drop his weapon.

“You aren’t taking my weapons,”~

Sounds like a jackass. He just got through pointing a weapon at a Sheriff Deputy! And yes, the Sheriff has every right to bet on the best odds. "If they continue this, there could be some dead militia out there." They're embarking on a dicey mission if they aren't in proper communication with LE IMO.
    Arborigine likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    I like what he said. Also if the sheriff's office would do their job along with Gov. officials then we wouldn't have to have roaming civillian's doing their job. Just my 2 cents.

Self-appointed nutjobs like this are our worst enemy. They make every gun owner in America look like a low-intellect Bubba. Take all of their guns away from them and make it illegal for them to even look at a gun ever again.
    ughlee and tacman605 like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Crazy Joe versus the crazies--who comes out on top? The loser gets a fresh set of pink underwear.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Crazy Joe versus the crazies--who comes out on top? The loser gets a fresh set of pink underwear.
    You captured my original subject intent perfectly.
    ;-)
    Don't call 911, call 1911...

I suffer from chronic & incurable "Condition One"
    But I've learned to live with it.

Militias make me giggle. If you really think you can take on local LEO in a standup fight let alone the US military you got a slaughter coming your way.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Milititas make me giggle. If you really think you can take on local redcoats in a standup fight let alone the British military you got a slaughter coming your way.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Militias make me giggle. If you really think you can take on local LEO in a standup fight let alone the US military you got a slaughter coming your way.

For every guerilla in the field, you need ten well trained loyal troops. This was a lesson learned in Viet Nam.

We had a crazy guy recruiting for a local militia. Last I heard was he was arrested and lost his concealed handgun license. When he hit me up to join at a LGS and tried to give me a flyer, I laughed at him and told him to let me know how it worked out for him. I guess it didn't work out.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

NRA Endowment Life Member.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkr View Post
    Milititas make me giggle. If you really think you can take on local redcoats in a standup fight let alone the British military you got a slaughter coming your way.
    Militias make me giggle, too... You see, it was the regular army that won the revolutionary war... with help from...

...the

...French...

Now, that last bit, that's funny, I don't care who you are.... (but it's true)
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Never underestimate your opponent. That is the first step towards total failure in the field.

From the wars of feudal Japan, to the fields of south east Asia, and the mountains of Kandahar, peasants with arms have asserted themselves.

Forgetting history is always leads to the FUBAR sit reps.

The Brits can confirm this. They have had a lot of lessons of their own.

The words Zulu, and IRA come to mind as most recent.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

This has bad written all over it. I know there are many out there who think these guys are doing a great public service, but I don't see it that way. There's is no difference in their actions than if they were walking down the street and pulled a weapon on someone they thought might be breaking the law. I know illegals are a big problem and I for one would like to see immigration reform that starts with "all illegal aliens will be thrown out of this country". Somehow I don't think our representatives have the guts for anything that honest. All that being said, sheriff Joe has a point, and I think in his own "special" way he's right. good luck
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Guns don't make decisions, people do.
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links