Politician sees the light

This is a discussion on Politician sees the light within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ex-Detroit mayoral candidate hides from intruders inside home From The Detroit News: Ex-Detroit mayoral candidate hides from intruders inside home | The Detroit News Former ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Politician sees the light

Politician sees the light

Ex-Detroit mayoral candidate hides from intruders inside home

From The Detroit News: Ex-Detroit mayoral candidate hides from intruders inside home | The Detroit News
    Former mayoral candidate Lisa Howze is recovering from an apparent break-in while she was inside her home on a day she made a controversial political decision.
    The first patrol car arrived in about 20 minutes, she said. And then another showed up and, finally, an investigative team.
    Another piece of advice Howze had been reluctant to hear in the past: Get a concealed pistol license.

“The officer told me it’s time to get my CPL license,” Howze said. “I had resisted for a long time, saying, no, I’m not getting a gun, I’m not getting a gun. Now I’m not resisting.
    Nothing like a home invasion to put things in perspective. I'm glad she wasn't hurt this time and will hopefully be better prepared in the future
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin

2. Remove Ads

Yep! What is it they say? A person who's liberal just hasn't been mugged yet...

They learn, but gosh, they sure are slow on the uptake, huh?

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

She's lucky it only took twenty minutes for the first patrol car to get there. I've heard emergency response times in Detroit are approaching the one hour mark.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Welcome to the right side of the issue, Ms. Howze. Welcome aboard.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    She's lucky it only took twenty minutes for the first patrol car to get there. I've heard emergency response times in Detroit are approaching the one hour mark.
    DaTwa PD now records their response times using a calendar...
    JoJoGunn, BugDude, OD* and 1 others like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm glad she's not hurt hope she puts some of her time and experience towards 2nd Amendment rights.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    It's absolutely true. Seeing your own potential "death" and helplessness flash before you puts things into perspective, at least so long as you're listening.

Whatever else is true, citizens: it's high time to start listening, if you want to have a chance to survive such encounters with something more in your "tool chest" than dial-a-prayer and sheer dumb luck. Anytime ... Anywhere.
    oakchas likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Cool

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    There's just one problem here folks..... we got about 500 congess critters who still haven't seen *the Light* yet
    Last edited by NONAME762; August 22nd, 2013 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Yay new keyboard and mouse R/R.$44. What a SCAM
    Sister likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Oh, yes; the shame of still being idealistic, rather than a disillusioned cynic.

so all it takes is a simple home invasion to change a liberal politician to our way of thinking?

perhaps the NRA is working this all wrong.....
    nedrgr21, Tzadik, Brad426 and 4 others like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Give it a bit of time for her cronies to work on her. I can hear it now. See you dont need a gun. You successfully hid from them. That is what all Americans should do. You were right in the first place and this is the proof. Now what is it you want passed and how much election fund donations was that you wanted if you stay the anti gun course???

Glad shes not hurt but Ill believe shes converted when shes publicly pushing 2A and repeal of gun laws. Call me a pessimist.
    357and40 and OD* like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Nothing like a bump in the night to make you rethink your position!
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Well, some people learn the hard way and some can learn through the mistakes of others. Glad I outgrew the former condition during my teenage years and glad I found DC on the downhill ones.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

An acquaintance and his wife were hunkered down in their home in Detroit Mon night. The shooting outside went on for 2 1/2 hrs. 30 calls were placed to 911 by various neighbors.

The PD NEVER responded...
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    An acquaintance and his wife were hunkered down in their home in Detroit Mon night. The shooting outside went on for 2 1/2 hrs. 30 calls were placed to 911 by various neighbors.

The PD NEVER responded...
    Good example of where the euphemism "Dial-a-Prayer" came from. Sad, that it has come to this. But, in Detroit, there aren't a lot of options without a tax base to speak of.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links