More Chicago Fail

More Chicago Fail

This is a discussion on More Chicago Fail within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://my.chicagotribune.com/#sectio.../p2p-77152926/...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: More Chicago Fail

I have it on good authority from Rham that this was all CCW holders doing this and if we just would make CCW illegal this problem would go away.

mkh
    And to think Rham was worried about Chik-fil-A's influence on Chicago.

Better start worrying about rampant illegal gun violence and let law abiding citizens arm themselves.

VIP Member
    This same kinda thing has been going on in Baltimore City . No relief in sight
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

We don't let minors hang out on the porch or anywhere else, for that matter, at 0400 in my neighborhood. I can't speak for my neighbors down the street because they allow it, or at least are daft to it, or they don't care or don't know any better.

Nothing good happens after midnight.

Welcome to the hood.
    dangerranger and blitzburgh like this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Apparently the thugs are trying to catch up to last years numbers.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    We don't let minors hang out on the porch or anywhere else, for that matter, at 0400 in my neighborhood. I can't speak for my neighbors down the street because they allow it, or at least are daft to it, or they don't care or don't know any better.

Nothing good happens after midnight.

Welcome to the hood.
    That's what I was thinking. What are these kids doing up let alone outside at these late hours in Chicago no less? This falls on the adults were supposed to be responsible for them in addition to the shooters.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    One place I will never live and I can't imagine why...hated the time I had to live in a city and it wasn't even a top tier city. Well I guess it did make top twenty list on shootings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

VIP Member
    The Trib should start a new column, similiar to the obits: Overnight Shootings
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Senior Member Array XD40SCiinNC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    I have it on good authority from Rham that this was all CCW holders doing this and if we just would make CCW illegal this problem would go away.
    Even though CCW has been illegal until this July (and I doubt the first permit has been issued in IL) thus making CC still illegal, but I also understand how these anti libtards think, and would expect such ignorance to be demonstrated.

I'd like to know just what the Hell the parent of the 11 year old is thinking to let her kid be out alone after 12:30AM?? The kid should be HOME in bed sleeping!!

The 14 year old girl sitting on the porch at 4:00 in the morning should have been in bed SLEEPING!!! The parents of both kids should be behind bars for child endangerment. As well as paperwork in motion for the kids to be made wards of the state. It's blatantly obvious the parents have no freaking clue what they are doing.

Mind you now I am no great fan of Child Protective Services. In recent cases I've seen agents of CPS and their high handed tactics doing their level best to remove well cared for children of responsible loving parents who just happened to be responsible gun owners. But certainly in the cases of the 11 and 14 year olds good parenting was not in play here.

The PTB seriously need to get off their USELESS DUFFS and put in some people with backbone and old fashioned common sense and issue CC permits to responsible gun owners in a timely manner!!!!! Someone of sufficient size and strength needs to march into the mayors office grab the mayor by the scruff of his neck and the seat of his pants and march him to the door of City Hall and boot him in the BUTTOCKS down the steps and yell AND STAY OUT!!!!!!!! Any attempt to reenter the building will be met with force, immediate arrest and INCARCERATION!!!!!!!

No more sugar coated nonsense.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

I wish they would put up more gun free zone signs.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I too could not help but notice that with the exception of one shooting in the article at 11:20 PM that they all happened after midnight. Most of them WAY after.

I think I know the solution. They need to buy air conditioners because obviously it is too hot and humid in the hood to be inside at 4:00 AM.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Where's the fail? The gene pool is trying to clean itself.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

mjp
    I'm new to the forum and beginning to read through a lot of the posts. This one caught my eye and as I read I wondered why these kids were up in the middle of the night sitting outside? alone? Then came the list of all the people shot that night? I burst out laughing, in a city where guns are banned? Like G Gordon Liddy once said about going into DC with a gun, only a fool would go in without one! All this death in one night and we still hear from ignorant politicians how much safer we will be when we can't carry guns? Personally I think there is another agenda here, no one with half a brain could possibly believe taking guns away from law abiding citizen will make us safer. However, if the government can destroy the second amendment, that is a foot in the door. Free speech will be next.
    StormRhydr and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links