Victim selection- epic fail!

This is a discussion on Victim selection- epic fail! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Teen fatally shoots burglary suspect in grandmother?s Baytown home | khou.com Houston “He did good, he did right, he did his job,” said Abe Garcia....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Victim selection- epic fail!

Teen fatally shoots burglary suspect in grandmother?s Baytown home | khou.com Houston

“He did good, he did right, he did his job,” said Abe Garcia.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I agree with Mr. Garcia, and fervently hope the local D.A. agrees.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    If the article has the story correct and if any charges are placed against this man it will be a very sad day for the country.

VIP Member
    The teen told police he ordered the two men to put their hands up, but they didn’t listen. He shot both men with the shotgun. One collapsed and died at the scene while the other stumbled around and ran away. The injured suspect later turned up at the hospital in critical condition, police said.
    I think even Shotgun joe would approve.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I totally agree that the boy did the right thing. Now, I have to rant.

\RANT The writer (and I won't use the word journalist) wrote the following:

"Baytown police said the teen’s grandmother was recently put in a nursing home, and was living on the property to watch over it" How could she be living in the home is she was recently put in a nursing home. The subject of the sentence is teen's grandmother, not teen.

“He did good, he did right, he did his job,” said Abe Garcia. Who is Abe Garcia? Is he a neighbor, bystander, relative or maybe Police Department spokesperson. No clue.

/RANT OFF
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Instance # 4,086,454 that Piers Morgan will not address.
    Glock2201 likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    I know and if someone brought it up to him on his show he would yell at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    If the article has the story correct and if any charges are placed against this man it will be a very sad day for the country.
    This is the same county, about fifteen mile from where Joe Horn lived. If anything I think the Grand Jury might take him to dinner.
    BeefyG likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

The burglars pickup matches the description of a vehicle seen at the scene of a previous burglary earlier last night. No TX grand jury will indict this young man.

One suspect was taken by ambulance to San Jacinto Hospital where he died. Investigators described him as a 40-year-old man who is a suspect in several other burglaries. The second suspect got away from the scene and somehow got to a hospital where he was arrested. At last check he was listed in critical condition at Memorial Hermann.

A neighbor tells FOX 26 that the 18 year old lives in the home by himself and he was a victim of a home burglary a month ago. The man's father told Fox 26 anchor Chris Stipes that he bought him that shotgun 2 weeks ago for protection after the first burglary.

Baytown police say there was another burglary last night in Baytown and the suspects vehicle found at the scene matches the vehicle description of the first burglary.

Teen shoots and kills burglary suspect in his home - Houston weather, traffic, news | FOX 26 | MyFoxHouston

Distinguished Member
    Texas rocks! Seriously I admire the attitude shown by the officer interviewed and the interviewer. Both seemed very supportive. None of that "Well, we'll have to see" stuff. Sounds like the kid is good to go and 2 career thugs not so good.This makes a good bedtime story. Happy ending and all. Especially if the other thug dies.That would save the state a ton of money. Hopefully he dies soon as you know who is picking up the tab for his hospital treatment.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

The late perp had his wife along.

McDaniel called a woman who drove him to San Jacinto Hospital to be treated for gunshot wounds. Also in the pickup truck was Dixon's wife, Baytown police said.
    Baytown teen kills one suspected burglar, wounds another - Houston Chronicle

VIP Member
    "The teen told police he ordered the two men to put their hands up, but they didn’t listen."

I can't imagine ignoring a shotgun pointed at you. 'Too dumb to live.
    Wunderneun and ep1953 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    "The teen told police he ordered the two men to put their hands up, but they didn’t listen."
    Huh. That'll do it every time. Twelve-gauge justice, right there.

Funny, about bringing "the wife" along on the job. Bummer, that she's gonna likely get crucified with Felony Murder for her role, even if only the driver of the felons.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    I totally agree that the boy did the right thing. Now, I have to rant.

\RANT The writer (and I won't use the word journalist) wrote the following:

"Baytown police said the teen’s grandmother was recently put in a nursing home, and was living on the property to watch over it" How could she be living in the home is she was recently put in a nursing home. The subject of the sentence is teen's grandmother, not teen.

“He did good, he did right, he did his job,” said Abe Garcia. Who is Abe Garcia? Is he a neighbor, bystander, relative or maybe Police Department spokesperson. No clue.

/RANT OFF
    I'm not sure why your rant was necessary. Seems you may have misread the article?

The article clearly states, "and he was living on the property to watch over it".

Your next complaint, who is Abe Garcia, is clearly explained in the sentence preceding the one you quoted:

The young man’s family hasn’t commented on the shooting, but neighbors praised his quick actions.

"He did good, he did right, he did his job," said Abe Garcia.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

"The teen told police he ordered the two men to put their hands up, but they didn't listen."

But when Mr. Remington spoke they were all ears!
    novaX522, JoJoGunn and msgt/ret like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links