Homeless good guy

This is a discussion on Homeless good guy within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Homeless San Francisco Man Ryan Raso Rushes to Female Officer's Aid in Violent Assault (Video) This man the only person that stepped in to help ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By welder516
  • 2 Post By discoboxer
  • 3 Post By blitzburgh
  • 1 Post By Brad426
  • 1 Post By NONAME762

Thread: Homeless good guy

VIP Member

Homeless good guy

Homeless San Francisco Man Ryan Raso Rushes to Female Officer's Aid in Violent Assault (Video)

This man the only person that stepped in to help the officer . Good for him
    357and40 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Heroes come in all shapes. Good for him
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

Good for the man helping out. Hopefully this event will lift his spirits and help give him the momentum and support to overcome his own challenges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Pinot and darbo like this.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

The cop was really lucky someone like him was around!
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    Homeless San Francisco Man Ryan Raso Rushes to Female Officer's Aid in Violent Assault (Video)

This man the only person that stepped in to help the officer . Good for him
    Good for him!!! And for the officer, I can't believe a whole crowd just stands there and watches when the female officer's head is driven into a wall - numerous people CAN stop something like that without horrible risk since there's a lot of them and the BG was not showing a weapon. Instead, they wait until the Perp is reaching for the Officer's gun and leave it to but one poor homeless man to save the Officer - who now has to risk his life. What's the matter with some people? Have they no sense of responsibility for a human life on the line?

Very good story: in but one incident it has a common-Hero AND a whole group that "don't want to get involved". The best and the worst....

Raso said a small crowd watched as the woman pushed the officer against a wall and banged her head into it while the officer cried for help.

“A law enforcement officer is saying, ‘help me, help me’ when there’s no one else around doing anything,” Raso said, explaining why he felt the need to act.
    What a shame. A small crowd just standing there watching the officer get her head bashed into a wall. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of them were pulling up the camera on their phones so they could have a "cool video" to upload onto YouTube.

Kudos to this guy for stepping up and doing the right thing. No mention of why he's homeless, but it looks like he'll be getting assistance and hopefully he'll be able to get back on his feet.
    darbo, Brad426 and detective like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Good for the cop that Raso was there.

But it seems to me that the cop should've been able to handle an unruly person. If she's on the beat alone, she ought to be able to help herself, or know her limitations well enough to know when to call for back up.

Just strikes me as odd.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

heroes come from the least likely of sources.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    What a shame. A small crowd just standing there watching the officer get her head bashed into a wall. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of them were pulling up the camera on their phones so they could have a "cool video" to upload onto YouTube.

Kudos to this guy for stepping up and doing the right thing. No mention of why he's homeless, but it looks like he'll be getting assistance and hopefully he'll be able to get back on his feet.
    They were just being good witnesses. I mean, THEY hadn't had a weapon of any kind directed at them... isn't that what we should do?

Poker night
    emawildcat likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

good for him!!! it's sad that a group of people can watch an officer get attacked and not help. too bad those douchetards can't be publicly ridiculed and shamed.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Good for the cop that Raso was there.

But it seems to me that the cop should've been able to handle an unruly person. If she's on the beat alone, she ought to be able to help herself, or know her limitations well enough to know when to call for back up.

Just strikes me as odd.
    i'd assume she did call for backup, but who knows. i personally cant blame the officer for trying to stop the person from damaging property while she waits for assistance.

That homeless man is a Stand up Guy. Good for him for doing the right thing. When he said his dad would be proud of him I think any dad would be proud of his kid for coming to the aid of another.
    detective likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links