More tragedy and bad press.

This is a discussion on More tragedy and bad press. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; FOX News - Top Stories - 'PRANK THAT WENT BAD' Colo. Teen Dies After Being Shot By Friend, Dad Says - Page 1 of 3...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: More tragedy and bad press.

2. Remove Ads

Ok why does a 21 yr old that is left to watch a house give their gun to a 15 yr old when he thinks there are boogies about???
    I know the 21 yr old did the shoot, but enlist the help of a 15 yr old in a house clearing seems kinda strange to me.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Yeah, giving the gun to the kid was a terrible move. He should be charged.

Though I see your point, personally, I think we're a little too sensitive about "bad press." When people die in car accidents, is it "bad press" for automakers? We're being conditioned to go defensive whenever somebody does something stupid with a gun, like it was the gun's fault.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Im not even saying he should be charged. That would depend on the states Castle or lack of etc.

Just the common sense side of getting a kid to help me clear a house where I think there might be a BG or two or three seems at least to me to be putting the kid danger needlessly.

As far as the bad press when do we get anything else?? Not to worried about that myself.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Yeah, giving the gun to the kid was a terrible move. He should be charged.

Though I see your point, personally, I think we're a little too sensitive about "bad press." When people die in car accidents, is it "bad press" for automakers? We're being conditioned to go defensive whenever somebody does something stupid with a gun, like it was the gun's fault.
    I call it bad press because these are the types of incidents the media will select rather than reporting when firearms are used lawfully and justly by firearms owners to stop or prevent crime. Perhaps we are too sensitive because of the constant barrage of the antis to find reasons to further infringe on the 2A.

Pretty stupid all around,firing through a door without identifying your target would be CRIMINAL
    Dan060 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links