Crossbow Killing

This is a discussion on Crossbow Killing within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; EUREKA, Calif. - The search continues for a suspect wanted for shooting two people with a crossbow, killing one of them. Deputies identify the suspect ...

Thread: Crossbow Killing

Crossbow Killing

EUREKA, Calif. -

The search continues for a suspect wanted for shooting two people with a crossbow, killing one of them.

Deputies identify the suspect as Phoenix Triton King, 20, believed to be from Lake County. He's a white man, short blond hair, blue eyes and black heavy framed glasses, 5'7" and 140 pounds.

King is traveling with the second suspect, a 16 year old female, whose name is not being released. She's described as black or dark skin, with shoulder length "frizzy" hair that is most often worn in a bun, black hair, brown eyes, 5'0", 120 pounds.

On Sunday September 8 at about 12:32 PM, the Humboldt County Sheriff's Office Dispatch Center received a 911 call of a possible injured man lying on the southbound shoulder of HWY 255 and New Navy Base Road, in Eureka.

While deputies were responding, a second person called the Sheriff's Office to report the injured male appeared to have been shot twice with an arrow and there were two people fleeing the area on bicycles, possibly suspects or involved with this incident.

Full Article Here

Makes me cringe thinking of being shot with a crossbow. Not too sure of the distances involved here but I imagine that it would take a bit of time to confirm that you were being shot at with one unless you were hit right away. There must be a bit of disbelief at first if the shooter isn't seen right away and at distances of 30+ yards. Not something that you you frequently picture going up against.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Was the crossbow shooter defending himself? Or did the victim? I see nothing about self defense.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links