Bad: A father beats up a peeping Tom, gets arrested for 'aggravated battery'

This is a discussion on Bad: A father beats up a peeping Tom, gets arrested for 'aggravated battery' within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What the Justice System Did to This Father After He Beat Up a Naked Peeping Tom Outside His Daughters? Window Has Neighbors Fuming | Video ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Bad: A father beats up a peeping Tom, gets arrested for 'aggravated battery'

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar

Bad: A father beats up a peeping Tom, gets arrested for 'aggravated battery'

What the Justice System Did to This Father After He Beat Up a Naked Peeping Tom Outside His Daughters? Window Has Neighbors Fuming | Video | TheBlaze.com

Neighbors fuming? I guess so, I'm a dad too and I'm not so sure I would not have done more to the piece of crap.
    kerberos and msgt/ret like this.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

2. Remove Ads

It was probably wrong what he did, but I doubt I'd vote to convict if I was on the jury.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Senior Moderator
    What he did was most likely against the law, but if I was on a jury I doubt that I'd convict him on any serious charge
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The "Tom" should be happy to receive a beating only.
    HybridImages likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I would have simply sat poor Tom down... in the cactus garden.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Father did the wrong thing , but it was very right for a Dad to do . If i was on a jury i see no problem with it . Some things just need to be done .( BTW i am not condoning it )
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

What a bunch of crap. Officers on scene must not have daughters? What happened to the good ol days... "yeah, he ran off when I came outside and then he tripped and slid down the street on his face." "Ok, sir. Have a good night."

( BTW i am not condoning it )
    Well, by Gaud, I AM condoning it. In fact, I think it would be hilarious for my pups (German Shepherd & Staffordshire Bull) to catch little mister Tom at the window. They might find a new chew-toy.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Good luck getting a conviction if the defense can get even a hint of what the "victim" was doing in front of the jury.
    oneshot likes this.

"I chased him away from her window he ran off down the street and some muggers got him. I think we need more police presence."
    blitzburgh likes this.

Don't misunderstand my comment as I think the voyeur needs to be handled, however, it's a question of how far MAY we go protecting anyone. There is a huge difference between a "peeping tom" and someone who is caught in the act of entering the house, assaulting (sexually) someone in the house, and so on. I believe the citizen's arrest issue is legitimate but almost killing someone, not so much.

Afterall, it is suppose to be what separates us from them.

Quite frankly, I hope the DA's Office drops the charges against the father. For a jury to find this man not guilty would be a nullification case. An incident where the law is proper and the public chooses to ignore it in this instance.

It'd be a shame if they both had to share the same cell.
    pgrass101 and rigel42 like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Well, by Gaud, I AM condoning it. In fact, I think it would be hilarious for my pups (German Shepherd & Staffordshire Bull) to catch little mister Tom at the window. They might find a new chew-toy.
    I just don't want to get in trouble with the MODS . Thats why i put a disclaimer in my post .

Please do not try anything like you see in the news .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member
    According to the article the father said he doesn't remember "chasing him down". That's not good for the father. I don't blame him for what he did, but maybe he shouldn't have chased the perp. I hope it works out okay for him.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

Oh yeah, yet another predator is now the poor, misunderstood victim. The father is already charged, and may be (gulp!) convicted, but I'll still bet long odds that the peeper with think twice before getting his jollies again at THAT WINDOW! Go Dad!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links