CHL carrier shooting in Houston

This is a discussion on CHL carrier shooting in Houston within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Shooting occurred last night in on Houston's northside...interested in hearing other's views of the incident. UPDATE: Robbery victim shoots attacker to death outside of McDonald's ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: CHL carrier shooting in Houston

CHL carrier shooting in Houston

Shooting occurred last night in on Houston's northside...interested in hearing other's views of the incident.

UPDATE: Robbery victim shoots attacker to death outside of McDonald's | News - Home

Good shooting the way I see it...

Another reason I posted is I previously read commenters have suggested when the threat is over the shooting shouldn't occur. These guys were backing away and no longer a continued threat, at least by the article information. When is a robbery "over" ??

I'm just curious as to other's interpretations of the the incident.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I have been to that Mc Donalds. Sounds like a good shoot to me.

Mc DOA anyone?
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Aggravated Robbery, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, grand theft auto, committed at night in Texas against the would-be victim ... If as reported, I am presuming this will be no-billed very soon.

And if that second perp was shot, it's very likely the other two robbers are going to find themselves in custody before too long, as well.

Kudos on the citizen for being armed, capable.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Aggravated Robbery, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, grand theft auto, committed at night in Texas against the would-be victim ... If as reported, I am presuming this will be no-billed very soon.

And if that second perp was shot, it's very likely the other two robbers are going to find themselves in custody before too long, as well.

Kudos on the citizen for being armed, capable.
    From the report, one died at the seen, one managed to get to the hospital and the other has not been found yet.

Based on the little I know of texas law, this IMO is a good shoot.....
    Aceoky, rdl2498 and Sig 210 like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    From the report, one died at the seen, one managed to get to the hospital and the other has not been found yet.

Based on the little I know of texas law, this IMO is a good shoot.....

You might not realize but the hospital the other robber was found at was in College Station, Texas, about 100 miles NW of Houston. Quite a drive for a wounded man.
    ccw9mm, Aceoky, Hopyard and 3 others like this.

I especially liked the comment by Tyrone Jenkins: "Don't mess with unknown or you will be forgotten. That's why you can't rob people anymore almost everyone shoots back.
    Good Job Pedestrian."
    ccw9mm, Aceoky, rdl2498 and 4 others like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I guess we could say that two dirtbags got McPlugged, and one of those two is going to get McBurried...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I guess we could say that two dirtbags got McPlugged, and one of those two is going to get McBurried...
    ... with the third perp, hopefully, McJailed with McNastyJimbo in D Block. Bring the kneepads, bub. You're gonna need 'em.
    Jetfuelrm and rdl2498 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Another good point in the comments was about "swangas", a style of rim originally made for '83 and '84 Cadillacs that were brought back. Those coupled with vogue tires, aren't cheap. The victims car had them, which is probably what made them a target. After further research, it appears a lot of people have died in Houston over having them or trying to steal them.
    Aceoky and rdl2498 like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

IF as reported I'm also calling a great shoot (and great shooting it seems)
    rdl2498 likes this.

...they weren't just backing away, they were still armed and very much still in the commission of an armed robbery..the escape phase...over is when they throw down the gun and the stuff and say "I'm sorry, I quit"...

...still armed (threat)...still IN THE COMMISSION OF the armed robbery...

PC 9.31, 9.32, 9.41,9.42, and 9.51 all apply...
    Quote Originally Posted by USM1976 View Post
    Shooting occurred last night in on Houston's northside...interested in hearing other's views of the incident.

UPDATE: Robbery victim shoots attacker to death outside of McDonald's | News - Home

Good shooting the way I see it...

Another reason I posted is I previously read commenters have suggested when the threat is over the shooting shouldn't occur. These guys were backing away and no longer a continued threat, at least by the article information. When is a robbery "over" ??

rdl2498, USM1976, TVJ and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by USM1976 View Post
    You might not realize but the hospital the other robber was found at was in College Station, Texas, about 100 miles NW of Houston. Quite a drive for a wounded man.
    I did not realize how far away. It was quite the drive. They still found him....

In Texas its a good shoot. Im my state the threat was leaving and I would have been in trouble. That is why it is VITAL to know your state laws.....
    Snub44, rdl2498, USM1976 and 1 others like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Whilst I think this is a good outcome, it doesn't sound like the gentleman's life was at risk, so I fear this might not be considered justified, in most states you are NOT allowed to shoot someone for stealing your car unless your life is at risk!! Less BG's is always good, but I would be nervous right now if I was the guy that shot them as it sounds like a hard case to justify shooting someone, sounds like he had been robbed and the thiefs where leaving, so whilst I fully support he's shooting the BG's, the law does NOT have the same opinion!!

Gary
    rdl2498 likes this.

In Texas it's a good shoot, in Florida not good. Wish the laws here were like the great state of Texas yaw'l!
    USM1976 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thrasherg View Post
    Whilst I think this is a good outcome, it doesn't sound like the gentleman's life was at risk, so I fear this might not be considered justified, in most states you are NOT allowed to shoot someone for stealing your car unless your life is at risk!! Less BG's is always good, but I would be nervous right now if I was the guy that shot them as it sounds like a hard case to justify shooting someone, sounds like he had been robbed and the thiefs where leaving, so whilst I fully support he's shooting the BG's, the law does NOT have the same opinion!!

Gary
    Fortunately for the victim he was in Texas where the laws allow for such things.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links