Armed Pharmacist scares away robber

This is a discussion on Armed Pharmacist scares away robber within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Pistol packing pharmacist stops machete wielding would-be drug thief (VIDEO) Nearly two weeks ago, on Aug. 30, a man attempted to rob a drug store ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By tdave
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By ksholder
  • 2 Post By Eagleks

Thread: Armed Pharmacist scares away robber

Senior Moderator

Armed Pharmacist scares away robber

Pistol packing pharmacist stops machete wielding would-be drug thief (VIDEO)

Nearly two weeks ago, on Aug. 30, a man attempted to rob a drug store of pain meds while threatening workers with a machete, but was sent running after the store owner pulled a gun.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

2. Remove Ads

Sure seem to be getting a lot of these stories in the news lately.
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Awesome hopefully with that video the PD should be able to catch them quickly and easily.

Although according to the woman in Colorado all they had to do is tell him that he was breaking the law and could be arrested and that would have stopped the bad guy. There is really no need for a gun in this situation. Where is that sarcasm key?

Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    Awesome hopefully with that video the PD should be able to catch them quickly and easily.

Although according to the woman in Colorado all they had to do is tell him that he was breaking the law and could be arrested and that would have stopped the bad guy. There is really no need for a gun in this situation. Where is that sarcasm key?
    Don't forget to pee yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by jscottjr View Post
    Don't forget to pee yourself.
    I thought that was in rape attempts

This robber doesn't know how lucky he is Vegas had a guy try to rob a DQ with a sword. Two family members were running the DQ at he time and the would be robber threatened the younger one with his sword. Older brother applied fatal case of Glock fu.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Title of that video story: Pistol packing pharmacist stops machete wielding would-be drug thief (VIDEO).

Seems to me he was guilty of Aggravated Armed Robbery (attempted). Thieves steal candy bars, stereos out of cars, etc. Armed robbers, though, threaten murder in exchange for compliance to their demands.

With those great photos of the perps, I'm sure they'll catch up with them soon. Sayonara, buds. Nice knowin' ya.
    Snub44 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    This robber doesn't know how lucky he is Vegas had a guy try to rob a DQ with a sword. Two family members were running the DQ at he time and the would be robber threatened the younger one with his sword. Older brother applied fatal case of Glock fu.
    Lucky and fast. It did not him long at all to get off that counter and head to the door.

VIP Member
    Glad the Pharmacist, staff and customers were not hurt. Would not have ruined my day had the perp fallen on his own pig sticker getting off the counter, but, alas, he is at large. As Yoda would say, caught he will get; time he will do.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Good thing it wasn't a Walgreens! The pharmacist would have been fired for violating corporate policy! I have not been in a Walgreens since their last fiasco months ago when they fired a pharmacist for protecting himself and his customers, nor will I EVER go into a Walgreens again!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Good thing it wasn't a Walgreens! The pharmacist would have been fired for violating corporate policy! I have not been in a Walgreens since their last fiasco months ago when they fired a pharmacist for protecting himself and his customers, nor will I EVER go into a Walgreens again!
    Apparently, they'd prefer those people to have simply been robbed and killed. Amazing, that companies don't give a damn when lives are on the line, as though magically ignoring a situation and doing whatever the robber/murderer asks is a recipe for success.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Pistol packing pharmacist stops machete wielding would-be drug thief (VIDEO)

Nearly two weeks ago, on Aug. 30, a man attempted to rob a drug store of pain meds while threatening workers with a machete, but was sent running after the store owner pulled a gun.
    the one that tried it here was using a gun.... and waving it at the Pharmacy clerk..... and threatening her, so the Pharmacist shot him with a shotgun , killing him.
    NONAME762 and Snub44 like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    the one that tried it here was using a gun.... and waving it at the Pharmacy clerk..... and threatening her, so the Pharmacist shot him with a shotgun , killing him.
    There's a BINGO!!!
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Hey, hey lighten up here!

The dude just wanted his pain meds, that's all. I mean how's a thug gonna relieve all that pain caused by society keepin' him down? Huh? Somebody's gotta cough em up.

That mean ol Pharmacist would have replaced those meds with an injection of hot lead, not exactly what the poor man in pain was needing. He even brought a machete with him for protection. They won't let him have a gun you know, and now he has dropped his machete. Maybe Home Depot or Lowes can replace it.

He's gone and still in pain. Maybe he will meet a more benevolent and kind hearted Pharmacist who will surrender the meds AND perhaps his life too boot! We all can't live forever you know.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Just another example of Little Rock criminals sending their message?

Oh wait, this one doesn't fit...

Little Rock crime again
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Links