17 year old stalks and kills 71 year old man grocery shopping

This is a discussion on 17 year old stalks and kills 71 year old man grocery shopping within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Surveillance video at the bottom: Random Pixels Blog: Miami-Dade Police arrest Jamal Royal Jackson for the murder of 71-yr.-old Miguel Pilotos Not sure if I ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: 17 year old stalks and kills 71 year old man grocery shopping

VIP Member

17 year old stalks and kills 71 year old man grocery shopping

Surveillance video at the bottom:
    Random Pixels Blog: Miami-Dade Police arrest Jamal Royal Jackson for the murder of 71-yr.-old Miguel Pilotos

Not sure if I would have picked up on the killer kid riding a bike until it was too late. I would like to think I would. Sometimes evil gets the drop on you.

17, so he's saved from the death penalty. It's obvious the kid was hunting a man, looking to kill.

I'm not for rehabilitationist, I'm a retributivist. Guys like this killer are why. They are beyond saving, contribute nothing to our society, and we all would be enriched by his demise.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

2. Remove Ads

Sickening.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    It’s a shame he is only 17 and immune from the death penalty, he should be put down the same as any other rabid animal.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Not sure if I would have picked up on the killer kid riding a bike until it was too late. I would like to think I would.
    Same here. Probably not until right at the very end, in the few moments after the kid stops the bike and before he shoots the guy. It went down very quickly.
    blitzburgh likes this.

The youngest murderer I worked with was 13 y/o. I haven't been retired long enough for him to be out yet but someday it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    It’s a shame he is only 17 and immune from the death penalty, he should be put down the same as any other rabid animal.
    Agreed. I have never thought an arbitrary measuring stick, like someone's physical age, makes any sense. If the kid's 18th birthday is October 5th, and he does this on October 4th, he's safe, but if he does it on October 6th, he's not? Stupid. Intent, and the ability to know it was wrong, would be a much better measurement for the death penalty. If that means a 14 year-old is eligible, so be it.
    darbo, knight65, Darrow75 and 1 others like this.

Almost seems like a hit to me.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    Agreed. I have never thought an arbitrary measuring stick, like someone's physical age, makes any sense. If the kid's 18th birthday is October 5th, and he does this on October 4th, he's safe, but if he does it on October 6th, he's not? Stupid. Intent, and the ability to know it was wrong, would be a much better measurement for the death penalty. If that means a 14 year-old is eligible, so be it.
    That's exactly how I feel. At 14 I knew what was right and what was wrong Some kids are just evil and their age has nothing to do with it
    knight65 and awoodpd13 like this.

VIP Member
    Several tells in the brief bits we actually saw of the shooter, the most glaring of which was his inability to keep his right hand away from the gun. Another was his lack of interest in shopping: no cart; no groceries. I'm not trying to Monday morning quarterback, but these are things which grab my immediate attention when around other people.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Several tells in the brief bits we actually saw of the shooter, the most glaring of which was his inability to keep his right hand away from the gun. Another was his lack of interest in shopping: no cart; no groceries. I'm not trying to Monday morning quarterback, but these are things which grab my immediate attention when around other people.
    I never saw his right hand go near his waistband (his left hand did, but it appears he was shooting right-handed, so I don't know if the left hand was touching the gun or not), but the wandering around without a cart I think would have caught my attention.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    No, he shouldn't be put to death, but he could be dropped about 500 miles offshore with instructions to swim home as punishment. Probably more effective than pushups.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Gang initiation hit.
    IMESHO

The "robbery attempt" thrown out there by the police is an attempt to whitewash/cover-up/downplay the rampant gang activity in this country.
    There was no robbery attempt.
    The knuckleddragger didn't take a damn thing. He didn't even attempt it.

Need to wipe the slate clean with all the PC BS in the "judicial system" and bring back the Town square hangings and maybe a guillotine thrown in for effect once in a while.
    These rabid vermin roaming the streets need to be sliced out of society
    TVJ, msgt/ret, knight65 and 10 others like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Polar bear hunting or some gang initiation rite perhaps?
    Doghandler and awoodpd13 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Almost seems like a hit to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankv64 View Post
    That's exactly how I feel. At 14 I knew what was right and what was wrong Some kids are just evil and their age has nothing to do with it
    ^YEP^^^^^
    Michigan will try them as adults under certain circumstances, as shown here. Why Michigan has more juvenile life sentences than almost any other state | MLive.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post

^^^Mike is right^
    It is glaringly obvious this idiot had no intention of "shopping", but how many people are caught up in the day to day that they would not have picked-up on this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I never saw his right hand go near his waistband (his left hand did, but it appears he was shooting right-handed, so I don't know if the left hand was touching the gun or not), but the wandering around without a cart I think would have caught my attention.
    Oops, the left hand it was, both in the store and on the bike. I immediately thought him to be carrying sob, and probably Mexican.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links