1 mass killing a month on average for the last 2-3 years

This is a discussion on 1 mass killing a month on average for the last 2-3 years within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So on the local news on my way home after work tonight (just before 5 on KSL, a local relatively conservative station) they were interviewing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: 1 mass killing a month on average for the last 2-3 years

VIP Member

So on the local news on my way home after work tonight (just before 5 on KSL, a local relatively conservative station) they were interviewing an X FBI profiler and he said, "I don't know what is going on but for the last 2-3 years we have been experiencing 1 mass killing a month."

Where in the he!! did he get that number? I am so sick of being bombarded with BS from virtually all the news outlets.

I can see why the guy is an X profiler.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

whatever the number, one common denominator exists in all of them:

they happened in "Gun Free Zones" where the innocents could do nothing but cower in the corner and wait for the bullet.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

What's the definition of "mass killing" ... 2 or more people dead, excluding the perpetrator?

I'm sure if we went back 100yrs, we'd have a few instances each month for that entire period, in which 2+ people died in felony violence incident. (Of course, I don't have any such data at my fingertips right now, but I'd be surprised if that weren't so.)

In this news piece you're mentioning, the guy said he "doesn't know what's going on, but ..." I wonder if he's actually aware of the number of multi-person felony murders over the past, say, 100yrs. It'd be interesting to know where his "doesn't know what's going on" comment came from, what he's basing that on.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Common denominators?

When someone says something as stupid as, "I don't know what is going on but..." It is certainly time to stop listening.

I DO know what is going on, but people keep creating some "Gun-Free-Zones" so innocent, unprotected people can be defenseless, anyway.

Gun-Control is Killing Too Many People.
    tdave, nontechguy, ccw9mm and 5 others like this.

These stories can't be real, these are gun-free zones. Why would a murderer break the law?
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Mass killings "require" 4 bodies, for the statistic. Mo is "better." But 4 is minimum.

Should be in a public place, not a murder of family members at home, for example.

There have not been 1 of those a month, on average, over any period of time greater than three months.

While I'm only reasonably certain of these facts, I cannot say with 100% certainty that they are pure truth... But, Mr.ex-feeb, you may feel free to dispute them, with citations. Else, shut yo mouf.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    farsidefan1 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Common denominators?
    That's the bottom number underneath the line right?
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

I think that number seems high. And I also don't think Aurora was a gun free zone at the time, although I am pretty sure that theatre has no guns signs now. Gun free zones are silly and do way more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by CCIE33560 View Post
    I also don't think Aurora was a gun free zone at the time, although I am pretty sure that theatre has no guns signs now. Gun free zones are silly and do way more harm than good.
    Actually, permit holders can carry into theaters there, but the theater can post signs to disallow it themselves (being private property). The theater that got shot up was the only theater for miles around that posted and banned guns. All others were gun friendly.

So yes, it was a posted gun free zone at the time. All others weren't...and he chose the 1 that was posted...how's that for coincidence?
    nontechguy and pittypat21 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    So on the local news on my way home after work tonight (just before 5 on KSL, a local relatively conservative station) they were interviewing an X FBI profiler and he said, "I don't know what is going on but for the last 2-3 years we have been experiencing 1 mass killing a month."

Where in the he!! did he get that number? I am so sick of being bombarded with BS from virtually all the news outlets.

EX- is easy to believe given the absurdity of his claims and his self-professed ignorance of motivations of mass killers. Easier still to believe that he was, in fact a poser with no genuine credentials whatsoever.
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post

If I was the one being interviewed, my quote might be that "I don't know what is going on but for the last 5-6 years we have been experiencing 1 mass misrepresentation of facts in the mainstream media per day."
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

What scares me is that sometimes I think I might know what is going on.
    BugDude likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Today’s shooting on the D.C. Naval Base is a ghastly even. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the victims, and their families and friends.

Today’s D.C. shooting makes the 16th mass shooting with five or more victims since our current Presidency began his first-year term. The first being March 29, 2009. Of some of the sixteen (about eight or nine) there were no public comments made from the President. So over the past 53.2-months that is one every 3.325-months? < if my math is correct?

If I'm correct, Obama didn't start addressing gun control issues until about two-months after the January 8, 2011 shooting in Tucson, Arizona which included U.S. Rep Gabrielle Giffords. Then not until the December 14, 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary shooting, I think, he didn't really call for any meaningful gun control action.

So now, after this horrid nightmare at the Naval Base. Do you think he’s going to let up on his firearms agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Mass killings "require" 4 bodies, for the statistic. Mo is "better." But 4 is minimum.

Should be in a public place, not a murder of family members at home, for example.
    Is that defined somewhere "official" for such stats?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links