Viva La France - if you're a Bad Guy!

This is a discussion on Viva La France - if you're a Bad Guy! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Outrage in France after jeweler charged for killing thief | Fox News Let Justice take it course!...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By lordofwyr
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Viva La France - if you're a Bad Guy!

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

I wonder if President Hollande said "Anthony Asli could have been me 40 years ago."
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Did he deserve to die? He chose to by his actions!

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    In a country where gun violence is rare but armed robbery is increasingly common, the shooting -- and the formal charges of voluntary homicide -- have placed the government in a difficult position.

"Even when faced with the unbearable, we have to let justice prevail," Interior Minister Manuel Valls said Tuesday in Nice, where he was sent by the president a day after a protest by hundreds of Turk's supporters.
    The "unbearable"? What, leveling charges of criminal homicide against a victim and defender in an armed robbery? That's a decidedly British stance, right there. Apparently the French are getting on board with the concept of charging victims of crime when they're the ones left standing. Tough position for a governing few, to take such a stance against the citizens in such ways. Absolutely.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

It's unfortunate that you cannot pursue and kill to recover property but, whether in France or in any state in America (given the circumstances in this case), he would have been charged. Read the article carefully and avoid the sensationalist headline offered by Fox.

It does, however, give us yet another learning opportunity. When your life is no longer in danger, and you pursue someone to shoot them, you have switched roles....you are the one endangering someone's life. Welcome to prison.

Saw that. I love how the article makes clear the "Kid" had been handle at least 14 times previously, had just been let off on probation, was robbing again, and finally was stopped by a jeweler who had enough, and now the jeweler is up on charges.

We need to be aware that if Feinstein and Obama have their way, this will be the new America. Honest people disarmed, criminals running amok, and if you have an evil gun, you are the criminal if you use it.

Yay, Libtard Gun Grabbing fools.
    ccw9mm and tdave like this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    It's unfortunate that you cannot pursue and kill to recover property but, whether in France or in any state in America (given the circumstances in this case), he would have been charged. Read the article carefully and avoid the sensationalist headline offered by Fox.

It does, however, give us yet another learning opportunity. When your life is no longer in danger, and you pursue someone to shoot them, you have switched roles....you are the one endangering someone's life. Welcome to prison.
    Err, I believe one could do that in Texas...gotta' love TX.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Err, I believe one could do that in Texas...gotta' love TX.
    Actually, you couldn't. Under Texas law, you can pursue a suspect under very limited circumstances. Among them, the qualifying offense must have occurred "during the nighttime" and the suspect must have escaped with "moveable, tangible property" that cannot be recovered any other way. While the tangible property hurdle may have been cleared, the story suggests that the event took place during the store's normal hours of business which, presumably, are in the daytime.

So, no, you could have not done so in Texas (hence my "given the circumstances in this case" qualifier in my post.) Regardless of where one lives, it is absolutely critical to understand the prevailing laws if you are going to carry a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    Actually, you couldn't. Under Texas law, you can pursue a suspect under very limited circumstances. Among them, the qualifying offense must have occurred "during the nighttime" and the suspect must have escaped with "moveable, tangible property" that cannot be recovered any other way. While the tangible property hurdle may have been cleared, the story suggests that the event took place during the store's normal hours of business which, presumably, are in the daytime.

So, no, you could have not done so in Texas (hence my "given the circumstances in this case" qualifier in my post.) Regardless of where one lives, it is absolutely critical to understand the prevailing laws if you are going to carry a gun.
    Your WRONG,In Texas you may want to peruse 2B

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY.
    A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsored Links