Mass murders map

Mass murders map

This is a discussion on Mass murders map within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So you know where to avoid USA TODAY Investigation: Database of mass shootings, 2006-2013...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Mass murders map

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Mass murders map

Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Kinda funny how a majority of the mass cals are way back east where the idiots in charge are located as well.
    Bassleg likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    That is actually a mass killing map. It includes all methods and circumstances.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    I notice that there has been none of these in VT and NH where the CC laws are very low key(NH is a shall issue state and VT there is no need to have a CCL and both are OC states as well). I realize that most areas of these 2 states are very rural and even the more populated areas are nothing compared to bigger cities like Boston,New York, Chicago and others like it but there have been several in areas like those that have stricter laws like making it more difficult to have CCL and magazine limits. There has been quite a few in Chicago and other parts of Illinois where I believe CC is not allowed by civilians.

I guess the anti-gun politicians don't like to let simple facts cloud their judgement.

In a related news story ysterday, I saw that there hasn't been a mass shooting in America for over 60 years that didn't occur in a place where guns were not allowed. The problem does seem so very obvious....
    Old Sarge and fredg53 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    In a related news story ysterday, I saw that there hasn't been a mass shooting in America for over 60 years that didn't occur in a place where guns were not allowed. The problem does seem so very obvious....
    I have to agree but like I said the anti-gunners do not want to let the facts get in the way of their agendas.
    84160 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    That is actually a mass killing map. It includes all methods and circumstances.
    But you can filter it to include only public killings and shootings. You can even adjust for number of victims.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Senior Moderator
    I changed the title of the thread, because the killings are not all gun related
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    The Gabby Gifford's shooting was in an area where guns were allowed, but overall the trend is true.

I notice two killings in Nevada show up as Burglary/Robbery I am familiar with these incidents and no attempt at theft was made in Nevada entering a building with intent to commit a crime such as murder or rape for that matter brings a charge of Burglary. This maybe the case in other jurisdictions as well.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    The Gabby Gifford's shooting was in an area where guns were allowed, but overall the trend is true.
    The original John Lott quote I saw stated that since 1950, of all public, non-family-involved mass shootings, only three occurred in an area not designated gun-free, either by statute or by signage.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Meh, they strike me as rare enough that it's not truly a statisical risk. It's just something we notice more easily, and so are prone to place a higher priority in our thinking.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

I'm guessing that very few, if any victims were armed. There should be another dot in Oregon, at the Clackama's Mall but wait......Oregon Mall Shooting Stopped By Licensed Gun Carrier - YouTube

Someone needs to send that one to Piers. Things like this seems to be the easiest thing for everyone to forget.
    pittypat21 and john.shewchuk like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Funny how when you filter for public shootings it becomes 4.5/yr.

This is the best factoid I have heard in a while. Why can ths not be out there more? I know stupid question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links