Police warned Navy - 6 weeks prior to shooting about shooter

This is a discussion on Police warned Navy - 6 weeks prior to shooting about shooter within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police warned Navy about gunman's mental instability 6 weeks ago, report says | Fox News Police warned Navy about gunman's mental instability 6 weeks ago, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Police warned Navy - 6 weeks prior to shooting about shooter

Police warned Navy about gunman's mental instability 6 weeks ago, report says | Fox News
    Police warned Navy about gunman's mental instability 6 weeks ago, report says

A Newport, Rhode Island police sergeant reported Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis to naval station police last month after the suspect told cops he was “hearing voices” through his hotel room wall and that three people were following him and sending vibrations into his body, according to a police report obtained by FoxNews.com.

In the document, the officer said that on August 7, he was sent to a local hotel to check out a suspicious person report involving Alexis, who told him he was a naval contractor and travelled often.

The report said Alexis told the officer that while flying from Virginia to Rhode Island, he got into an argument with someone else at the airport who he believed had sent three people to follow him and keep him awake by talking to him and sending vibrations into his body.

He also said he thought he heard these three people – two black males and a black female–talking to him through a wall of his hotel room and through the walls, floors and ceiling of a hotel on the Navy base.

Alexis told the officer the trio was using “some sort of microwave machine” to keep him awake.

The sergeant wrote in the report that based on what Alexis told him, “I made contact with on-duty Naval Station Police [officer name redacted.]”

The Naval Station Police official told the sergeant “they would follow up on this subject” and determine if Alexis was, in fact, a naval base contractor.

Read more: Police warned Navy about gunman's mental instability 6 weeks ago, report says | Fox News
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

While it was good he reported to the navy, why wasn't this guy committed? He was obviously a danger to himself or others.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Take what Fox reports as confirms with a grain of salt. 90% of what's reported in the next week will be speculation and hearsay.
    IndianaSig, tdave and 357and40 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Take what Fox reports as confirms with a grain of salt. 90% of what's reported in the next week will be speculation and hearsay.
    Unfortunately, Fox may well be the worst offender of all the major media outlets. They truly do make it up as they go and delete as their creations are proven to be false. Nearly nothing we've been told so far is likely entirely accurate.

We're going to hear a whole lot on what should have been done with and about the shooter. The debates will go on along the lines of slippery slopes and individual rights, so on. To me, it all boils down to the fact that we all know that there are people out there who will do bad things. Security measures would sure seem more effective than banking on the guesswork of even employee screening.

I don't secure my home by going out in public and attempting to figure everyone out and change those who would do me harm. I have a little system in place to where when my home is breached by a psycho, I will shoot him.
    jscottjr and Freedom Doc like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

It appears Feinstein is the only one with a reasonable answer. Let's ban all guns not related to the guns used in this shooting.

VIP Member
    I'm having a tough time understanding why this guy didn't pop-up on the radar a long time ago.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    The sad part about Feinswine,she is suppose to be U.S,Senator.You would think a Senator, anti gun or not,would at least get the facts before they make a public statement.I know it's not anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Look how much has been reported and retracted already. From number of shooters, weapons used, number of shooters down, and gunfire at the White House. Who knows what the next never mind will be?

And this is what I'm talking about, they want to enforce the gun laws but not enforcing the one's we have, there something wrong with this pics. SICK!
    farsidefan1 likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5, Shield 9mm
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

And yet, it's the gun's fault. Not the fault of decreased mental health services, not the fault of the Navy police who did nothing after warned, not the fault of the police and DAs who did not charge and prosecute after his last 2 arrest, etc. Nope, just the gun. Gun control doesn't address any of those epic fails along the way.
    Sontag likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    [QUOTE=bigpapa;2916359]And this is what I'm talking about, they want to enforce the gun laws but not enforcing the one's we have, there something wrong with this pics. SICK![/QUOTE\

Excellent point. None of the recent laws proposed would have saved a single life in these horrific killings. Yet if they had followed up on existing laws and common sense some lives may have been saved. Look at the killings in Chicago. I'd like my odds on a bet that a majority of them are committed by folks who are already criminals and should not have a weapon.

Putting more laws on the necks of the law abiding citizens won't slow down the activities of the criminals. It just makes for more soft targets.
    Last edited by farsidefan1; September 18th, 2013 at 09:16 PM. Reason: typo
    bigpapa likes this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

VIP Member
    Senator Ben Cardin was on local radio this morning and sure enough got around to the typical response - we need "common sense" regulations on "clip" size and universal background checks.

To his credit, the news guy asked him how this would have made a difference in this situation as he used a shotgun..

No intelligible response......

I don't understand this, so somebody make me understand what's it happen to all this passing laws and not enforcing the ones we have in place. These are peoples suppose to be intelligents and running this country and understand what this country is all about, have ours leader lost focus on whats going on, are they so intelligents but so stupid that they can't see the woods for the forest.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5, Shield 9mm
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Quote Originally Posted by jscottjr View Post
    While it was good he reported to the navy, why wasn't this guy committed? He was obviously a danger to himself or others.
    In general, it's very hard to get someone committed unless they specifically wig out in front of the police or in front of EMTs.
    And I hope people don't become more sensitive regarding schizophrenia in general. Only a teeny portion of schizophrenics become dangerously violent. Rest assured, the majority of this population have lives of quiet, nearly harmless, agony.
    There WILL be patents with this (simple) discovery. That, and "type III levers". It's untapped wealth, waiting for you who Google. Or your kids. People expanding on the potential are welcome to elucidate; I didn't phrase it well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links