Mass Shooting on Chicago's South Side

This is a discussion on Mass Shooting on Chicago's South Side within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 13 people, including 3-year-old, shot at South Side park - chicagotribune.com Appears to be gang related. The area is among the worst in all of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Mass Shooting on Chicago's South Side

13 people, including 3-year-old, shot at South Side park - chicagotribune.com

Appears to be gang related. The area is among the worst in all of Chicagoland. Story says at least 13 shot, all/most civilians at a summer party in a park. They appear to have been caught in the crossfire. Story is still developing.

Question Shooting In Chicago. How? Guns Are Banned!

Another day in the Liberal Paradise of Chicago, the town with the strictest firearms laws in the country. If only they would have one more background check or just a little bit more control over these bad guns, then there would have been zero shootings in ChiTown.

Sarcasm aside, the article says shooting may be "gang related." Duh. Pulitzer Prize winning journalism there, huh.

At least 13 wounded in shooting at Chicago park, authorities say | Fox News
    OD* and blitzburgh like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

mkh
    I've read three different news reports and not one mentioned that fact that Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country.

Hmm...I wonder why. It sure wouldn't look good for the anti-gun folks if everyone knew that so the mainstream media won't report it. So much for fair and honest reporting.

mkh
    The story may be developing but no one is reporting on the strict Chicago gun laws and how they were ignored by the gunman.

That wouldn't read well for the anti-gun people.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I just don't get it. The laws are so strict there. How can this happen?
    OD*, palmgopher, warbirds and 5 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I just don't get it. The laws are so strict there. How can this happen?
    Well you know they had to put in place those new conceal carry license laws. That must have been the cause of it.
    tdave, msgt/ret, Sister and 1 others like this.

Homeland Security needs to step in because gang violence IS domestic terrorism and local law enforcement seems to be unable to control it or put an end to it.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Can't they just check the registration of the guns used and track down the people responsible for the shooting?

I am sure that the Chicago gun laws require their citizens to go through a very rigorous process in order to obtain a firearm and I have to believe that the perpetrators abided by the laws in Chicago.

Oh wait!! They are criminals and murderers so maybe they didn't follow the law!! Could they have stolen the weapons or maybe acquired them through some other illegal means? Shocking!!
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Who wants to bet that Chicago's response will include closing the city parks down after daylight hours?
    Wunderneun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher View Post
    Well you know they had to put in place those new conceal carry license laws. That must have been the cause of it.
    And lets face it with Chicago's Police Chief training his cops to shoot lawful CCW's there is no time to deal with gangsters. Besides those folks are dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by JDavisArk View Post
    Homeland Security needs to step in because gang violence IS domestic terrorism and local law enforcement seems to be unable to control it or put an end to it.
    Be careful what you say, even in jest. If the powers-that-be get that idea, we'll soon have roadside checkpoints ("Papers, Please!"), random vehicle searches, and men with automatic weapons and masks breaking down doors in the middle of the night. It might start in Chicago, but it will spread like a wildfire when they realize how much control they suddenly have over citizens.
    Never get out of the boat....

So sad but doesn't surprise/shock me one bit. I just read this article yesterday Chicago passes NYC as US murder capital ? RT USA I guess they trying to keep that top spot.

VIP Member
    Just like DC, if it were not for all the murders Chicago is a safe city.
    Glock2201 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    Witnesses told police a gray sedan pulled up to the park around 10:15 p.m. and two people opened fire in the 1800 block of West 51st Street.

“A brown Malibu with tints dipped toward Ashland Avenue. . . A brown Malibu with its lights off was peeling off,’’ Cabada said. “Some young kid said they shot his little brother.
    Perhaps closet anti-gunner felons who disrespect the fact that Illinois is now about to begin issuing CHL's to citizens, making their whole world much more risky? Who knows, at this point.

Hopefully they'll track down these (attempted) murderers.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Where gang related shootings are concerned, carry rights would most likely have resulted in an OK Corral type of shoot out . As much as I would like to see Chicago politicians pull their heads out of their collective asses, Chicago's gang problems won't be solved by more guns. There is little doubt that gangs control the neighborhoods and even the jails when gangbangers are incarcerated. The underlying purpose of gangs is clearly criminal activity and gang membership needs to be treated as a felony. These sociopaths rarely change their ways and the jails are already overcrowded. The police are understaffed and in many cases outgunned. Too much taxpayers money is already spent on these vermin. IMHO anyone who is positively identified as having gang affiliation should be immediately used as an organ donor! Okay, maybe that's a little extreme. How about a one-way trip to a far off deserted island?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links