GOOD: Ex Royal Marine with a handgun saved 100 lives as terrorists ran amok

This is a discussion on GOOD: Ex Royal Marine with a handgun saved 100 lives as terrorists ran amok within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; British hero of the mall massacre: Ex Royal Marine with a handgun saved 100 lives as terrorists ran amok | Mail Online British hero of ...

Like Tree21Likes
  • 5 Post By BenGoodLuck
  • 1 Post By BenGoodLuck
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 2 Post By StormRhydr
  • 3 Post By Brad426
  • 1 Post By pittypat21
  • 3 Post By Glock2201
  • 1 Post By tdave
  • 1 Post By ZOMBIEvs42
  • 1 Post By BenGoodLuck
  • 1 Post By ZOMBIEvs42
  • 1 Post By tdave

Thread: GOOD: Ex Royal Marine with a handgun saved 100 lives as terrorists ran amok

VIP Member

GOOD: Ex Royal Marine with a handgun saved 100 lives as terrorists ran amok

British hero of the mall massacre: Ex Royal Marine with a handgun saved 100 lives as terrorists ran amok | Mail Online

British hero of the mall massacre: Ex Royal Marine with a handgun saved 100 lives as terrorists ran amok
    Was having coffee at Westgate mall when it was attacked on Saturday
    He returned to building a dozen times despite intense gunfire

Not much in the article about him. It's also not clear if he actually used his handgun, but at least there was someone there who could potentially fight back and defend himself and others.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    shadowwalker likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    This one won't be getting much MSM coverage in the US.
    84160 likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Why wont you people stop posting these lies ?!? Guns are bad. Our president tells us so!!!

Perhaps it would have been OK if he had only had a double barrel shotgun, and fired both barrels into the air, just as our vice president has told us all to do...though that would have been very scary as well, and might have caused additional trauma, in and of itself. Why, he might have accidentally hit one of those terrorists while firing both barrels into the air, making them mad! You have to think all these things through, you know.

To be on the safe side, I think he should have run in there, curled up into the fetal position, beg forgiveness for simply breathing, and trust to the good will of the misunderstood gunman. Surely that would have worked out for him. Dont yah think?

I am of course not serious about any of this post
    BenGoodLuck and 84160 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Why wont you people stop posting these lies ?!? Guns are bad. Our president tells us so!!!

Perhaps it would have been OK if he had only had a double barrel shotgun, and fired both barrels into the air, just as our vice president has told us all to do...though that would have been very scary as well, and might have caused additional trauma, in and of itself. Why, he might have accidentally hit one of those terrorists while firing both barrels into the air, making them mad! You have to think all these things through, you know.

To be on the safe side, I think he should have run in there, curled up into the fetal position, beg forgiveness for simply breathing, and trust to the good will of the misunderstood gunman. Surely that would have worked out for him. Dont yah think?

I am of course not serious about any of this post
    No no no... rape whistle, call box, urinate on yourself. It's the new "Stop, drop, and roll."
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Here's another little hero from the event:

A four-year-old British boy survived the Kenya shopping mall attack after telling an armed jihadist ‘you’re a bad man’, according to the boy's uncle who has given an interview to a UK newspaper.

After apparently seeing his mother shot in the thigh, young Elliott Prior is said to have confronted the gunman shouting “you’re a bad man, let us leave”.

Incredibly the gunman in understood to have taken took pity on Elliott and his six-year-old sister Amelie, giving the pair a Mars bar each and allowing them and their mother to leave the chaotic shopping mall in the middle of the terror attack.

Elliott’s 35-year-old mother Amber was reportedly able to grab two more children - including a wounded 12-year-old boy whose mother had been murdered – before exiting the shopping mall and taking the children them to safety.

As the group turned to leave, the gunman allegedly called after them saying the jihadists only wanted to kill Kenyans and Americans, not Britons, pleaded with Amber to convert to Islam and begged “please forgive me, we are not monsters.”
    Kenya shopping mall attack: Four-year-old British boy freed and given Mars bar after telling armed jihadist 'you?re a bad man' - Africa - World - The Independent
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    According to some crazy woman in Colorado all you have to do is inform them they are breaking the law and could get arrested for it and they will stop.
    blitzburgh, 84160 and pittypat21 like this.

I cannot praise these heroes compared to their actions my words are paltry and insignificant.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

i want to buy that man a pint.And just talk to this man, Its one thing to get out of the building and take everyone around you with you, its another thing entirely to go back in multiple times to get people out.. he is among the true heroes now.

one nagging thing on my mind though, not knowing the man, his motivations and etc, would he have attempted to go back in had he not be armed?
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOMBIEvs42 View Post
    i want to buy that man a pint.And just talk to this man, Its one thing to get out of the building and take everyone around you with you, its another thing entirely to go back in multiple times to get people out.. he is among the true heroes now.

one nagging thing on my mind though, not knowing the man, his motivations and etc, would he have attempted to go back in had he not be armed?
    I have a feeling that he would have gone in even without a weapon. A handgun is of limited use against multiple terrorists armed with a cache of weapons. It's better than nothing, but he placed himself in danger's way numerous times. No word yet on whether he engaged any of the terrorists.
    shadowwalker likes this.
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    I have a feeling that he would have gone in even without a weapon. A handgun is of limited use against multiple terrorists armed with a cache of weapons. It's better than nothing, but he placed himself in danger's way numerous times. No word yet on whether he engaged any of the terrorists.
    Those were my thoughts as well, this high caliber of a man just does whats right, and if running into a building with armed attackers to get people out just seems like the right thing to do.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    "...As the group turned to leave, the gunman allegedly called after them saying the jihadists only wanted to kill Kenyans and Americans, not Britons, pleaded with Amber to convert to Islam and begged “please forgive me, we are not monsters."
    Wowzers.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

CNN just covered the mall heroes. According to them this consisted of a couple of local journalists who traded on the husbands Muslim faith to secure their release. They left and did not look back. I do not fault them for this. I am astounded by the lack of integrity on CNN's part.
    6459 likes this.

“All it takes for evil to succeed is for a few good men to do nothing...” Sir Edmund Burke

Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Ex Member
    That's because it DIDN'T happen in England. There he would be reduced to harsh words.

Links