BAD.... another shooting, another life taken

This is a discussion on BAD.... another shooting, another life taken within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This morning, the clerk at the gas station down the street from my apt was shot and killed during a robbery. Last week, an IMPD ...

This morning, the clerk at the gas station down the street from my apt was shot and killed during a robbery. Last week, an IMPD officer was shot and killed while attempting to save a woman and baby who were being held hostage. I really think it is time for me to find a new place to live.

3 suspects held in shooting death of Westside gas station clerk | Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Well you're the only one who can make the choice as to where you live. Crime is everywhere but you know that working as a cop.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

start a neighborhood watch, OC rifles, "patrol" in groups of 3-4, hand out fliers describing that your fed up with the crime, work with the local police to increase patrols in your area. Dont be cops but be an armed group of citizens keeping an eye on things.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

That sucks. It can happen anywhere, but when the % starts increasing it never looks good. Hopefully it is a mere coincidence, but it is very unsettling. I wake up freaking out every once in a while remembering stories I have read. Stay safe, stay vigilant, and start carrying that Springer ya got back!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Pretty tough to move 'away' from crime, although one can define areas that are much worse than others.
    Dirtbags abound...the quicker they are 'thinned out' the better.
    Even my wife of 42 years...easy going, had some liberal views, took 32 years to finally decide to get her permit...has now really hardened her views of crime, self-defense, and political corruption (at all levels). The economy, drugs, and moral decline have all made living 'anywhere' much less safer than it has ever been.

Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links