Family Feud settled by 22LR

This is a discussion on Family Feud settled by 22LR within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 4 Pennsylvania family members killed in gunfight | Fox News Well I guess all the Pundits are correct that a 22LR pistol is no good ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Family Feud settled by 22LR

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Family Feud settled by 22LR

4 Pennsylvania family members killed in gunfight | Fox News

Well I guess all the Pundits are correct that a 22LR pistol is no good for self defense?

Second Link to story: http://www.ajc.com/news/news/nationa...aughter/nbBSL/
    Last edited by onacoma; September 30th, 2013 at 02:57 PM.
    Hopyard likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Just proof that anything will work if you intend for it to. That doesn't make it the best tool for the job.

Any firearm will kill you.
    pittypat21 and nedrgr21 like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I wouldn't consider a shotgun,a derringer,and a 22 target pistol being "Heavily Armed".I'm willing to bet the "Shotgun" was a single shot break open variety.
    We always preach never open the door without knowing whats on the other side,a peephole or camera could have given them enough warning to take cover and get armed before anybody was shot.
    Alex_C likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Oh i thought it was the TV show . My Bad
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

I think USA Today Online said the shotgun was a sawed off double barrel.
    And I'll bet if the pistol had been more than a .22, like a 9mm, .38 or something larger, that the disowned daughter would not have lived long enough to be taken to the hospital. She probably would have been dead on the spot. But that's a lot of speculating.
    At any rate, it's a good thing he had that .22 handy and knew how to use it. It's just a shame about his wife and son.

Such a tragedy. I'd be willing to bet that drug use or involvement of some type would be a contributing factor.

You just never know who is willing to kill you for whatever reason they come up with.
    Eagleks likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    4 Pennsylvania family members killed in gunfight | Fox News

Well I guess all the Pundits are correct that a 22LR pistol is no good for self defense?

Second Link to story: Daughter kills mother and brother, dad kills daughter | www.ajc.com
    I can dig a well with a teaspoon, but the question is...why would I when there are so many better options?
    patri0t likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Good ol' .22s!
    A hit with a .22 beats a miss with a .44 any day!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Rugby PRO
    onacoma likes this.
    "Only Saints and Warriors are allowed in my world now, and forever."
    OR53 1998

I've taken a lot of calls to rural trailers with dysfunctional families. Jr is living at home at 47 years old? That says something. Daughter was a 'train-wreck' years ago.

Media states "Heavily Armed". Reminds me why I cancelled my Cable TV more than a year ago.

Still, a VERY good example of why people need to be armed and have Gun-Rights !!!

Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    I've taken a lot of calls to rural trailers with dysfunctional families. Jr is living at home at 47 years old? That says something. Daughter was a 'train-wreck' years ago.

Media states "Heavily Armed". Reminds me why I cancelled my Cable TV more than a year ago.

Still, a VERY good example of why people need to be armed and have Gun-Rights !!!
    Heavily armed is a derringer, a sawed off 12G and a 22 pistol?? The county DA that made that statement is dumber than a boxa rocks!!!

To me heavily armed would be a 30cal MBR with 12 30R mags, a 9mm or 45 pistol with 6 15R mags, 6 grenades, a satchel charge, 3 Claymores, a SPAS 12G w/50R of slug and 00 buck and 2 or 3 fighting knives.

That's Heavily Armed. Someone in that county needs to wash that DA's brain out with lye soap.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    Anything that has expanding gases behind it deserves respect, even the lowly .22 short.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    Oh i thought it was the TV show . My Bad
    No, that's "Breaking Bad"

My Bad

That's a sad story. Lose-lose all the way around. It's amazing what hate can drive people to do.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    I thought this was going to be about the new way that Steve Harvey settles tie games.....

Just another example of the colossally stupid being themselves.....

Senior Moderator
    That's a very sad story, the father lost his entire family.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links