Good, Sad and bad

Good, Sad and bad

This is a discussion on Good, Sad and bad within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yesterday we got a guilty conviction against a man that shot and killed three teens three years ago. That is good. It is sad because ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Good, Sad and bad

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar

Good, Sad and bad

Yesterday we got a guilty conviction against a man that shot and killed three teens three years ago. That is good.

It is sad because he shot them for thinking they broke into his house and stole his X-Box 360. He laid in wait for them at a rural location and ambushed them from the wooded area along side the driveway.

It is bad that three lives were lost and another may get the death penalty over a dang video game player.

Reed Verdict - KTBS.com - Shreveport, LA News, Weather and Sports

When will people learn to let law enforcement handle thefts and not take the law into their own hands?

If someone breaks in my home when I am here, I will not hesitate to shoot them. If I come home to find my home broken into and things missing, I will let the local LEA take charge of it.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

All over a measly couple hundred dollars. What a shame.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    That's a lot more than a case of beer.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    That's a lot more than a case of beer.
    I was thinking the same thing. The big difference is that that store owner walked in on the theft of the beer and this person waited outside and ambushed them.

VIP Member
    Makes no sense and anyone that would lay in wait like that needs to pay for the crime he commited .

Must not break the law but follow the law .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

He laid in wait for them at a rural location and ambushed them ...

... three lives were lost and another may get the death penalty
    Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    ... found Marcus Reed guilty of three counts of first-degree murder.

The defense admits that Reed killed the brothers, but said it was self defense, after someone broke into Reed's house and stole his X-Box and some drugs.

Hm. Self-defense claim, but he was lying in wait to ambush the three elsewhere in apparent retribution for the theft.

I can see why the jury would deliberate less than 1hr to come to the decision that that amounted to murder on all counts.

Play stupid games ... win stupid prizes.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Did mention theft of drugs also. That would explain the decision making process.
    Taurahe likes this.

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    Did mention theft of drugs also. That would explain the decision making process.
    The drugs was part of his defense and not brought out at the time of his arrest. He shot the people long after his X box came up missing and he was not sure they were the ones that got it.

However, he laid in wait in a wooded area with a SKS rifle. As they pulled into the driveway and began to stop, he opened fire on the occupant compartment of the car.

Also, it was learned the three teens did not have anything to do with stealing his X-Box. He killed the wrong kids.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

mkh
    We had an X-Box murder scene hear a few years back in which several people in a house were killed. I am older and just never got into the video scene though my boys did. I get motion sickness and just don't have any interest.

I can't imagine killing people over a video game but it happens a lot.

VIP Member
    What is really sad is there are people killed for even less, but in this guys case he deserves the maximum sentence.
    Sig 210 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Execution by strangulation from xbox cords... maybe?
    Especially after hearing he killed the wrong kids.
    msgt/ret likes this.

The whole video game thing is out of control. Have you seen the review of GTA 5? Nothing but violence and profanity yet thousands were lining up to get it. It chalked up about a billion dollars soon after release.. If my kids were still small, I sure as heck wouldn't let them see it. The popularity of these things says something about the mentality of too many of our populace.
    oldman45 and Secret Spuk like this.

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    I played Space Invaders (?) a couple of times while in AF Tech Training, but I mostly watched. THis was on an arcade type machine outside of the BX. Besides Pong, I don't think video games had been invented yet and it never became a fascination for me like in young adults and kids. I really never saw the attraction myself and can't image the thought processes involved in planning a murder for a video game.

Screw my wife, shoot my dog, burn my house down and I'll find you someday, but to murder for a video game is insane.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

VIP Member
    Shooter looks like scum, so we get what we got.

Hopefully the families of the deceased teens will receive solace in his conviction.

"You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    It seems a few people these days are crying self defense or i feared for my life,when they could have lets the cops handle it or give them a chance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links