OP ED On The Bikers & SUV (Sorry I don't think this should go away yet)

This is a discussion on OP ED On The Bikers & SUV (Sorry I don't think this should go away yet) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; NY?s SAFE Act: Making It Safe For Bikers To Beat A Father Protecting His Family Half To Death | Bullets First...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: OP ED On The Bikers & SUV (Sorry I don't think this should go away yet)

StormRhydr and tcox4freedom like this.

Administrator
    Closed for assessment if it's self defense story or not

It can stay as long as the conversation remains about the SAFE act and how it relates to self defense- any of the silly chest thumping internet tough guy talk, this will be closed faster than a Land Rover running over a crotch rocket.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have come to the conclusion that the only safe person in NYC, as a result of passing the SAFE Act, is Bloomberg, and that's only because he keeps himself within his circle of armed thugs.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

the "Safe" Act only protects NYs Elite. By disarming its citizens it allows for Cuomo and his pals to RULE NYC without fear of reprisal, because we all know politicians are politicians for life regardless if they hold an office.

Safe Act is killing people, and he should be held accountable for all the deaths that HE contributed to by not allowing "his" citizens to carry.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

Great OP Ed. You know, the notion of a "trunk gun" has been out there a while, but boy, that video of pack of lawless bikers sure makes one rethink what you might need for given situations.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    The dumb stupid "SAFE" act is based upon the idea, no strike that not idea, based upon the silly Progressive Talking Point that gun crimes, again strike that, gun violence, is committed by law abiding citizens who have finally chosen to commit their act of aggression, and consequently need to be legislatively prohibited and limited in their ability to carry out their vendetta before hand.

Assuming that the driver, Lien did not instigate or escalate the encounter, and no, I do not see charging ahead with a vehicle to escape imminent violence from a mob as an escalation, the moment that they began to breach the vehicle it became a clear case of lawful lethal force in the Free States. We've had many discussions on this forum about using the car instead of the gun and had a lot of what ifs about the car getting immobilized, which it did in this case.

It is things like the "SAFE" act that make me wish the rest of this country would just simply tell places like NY, you're no longer part of this country, put up a secure border around them, and expel their diplomats.
    StormRhydr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    guess we can thank both Mayor Bloomberg and Gov. Cuomo’s SAFE Act that no bikers were harmed in this situation.

Because that is what the SAFE Act and Bloomberg’s personal war on self defense has allowed. A group of criminals can wantonly and without fear of repercussion use their superior numbers to terrorize and beat people to within an inch of their lives (or worse).
    That about covers it.

So-called Gun Free Zones are actually Criminal Protection Zones. There's good reason the realistic call it that. There's a good reason this gang of motorcycle riders felt they could violently assault this man. Zero fear of repercussions. Zero fear of getting stopped preying upon others. Zero fear of failing to make it out alive, after preying on innocents.

Citizens: your call, as to what society you want to live in, to what degree you're willing to allow your hired staff to unconstitutionally and forcibly disarm and criminalize you despite that not making one lick of difference to the violent criminals who choose to ignore such things.
    CIBMike and Jeanlouise like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

This is yet another time we need to stop and look at who did the crime. It happens over and over. The BG has a record a mile long time and time again crimes reduced down they let him walk over and over. It seems here in Milwaukee every time we have a killing or serious crime it is the same story.
    Same with this one this Guy, should have never been on the street. But he was and will be again.
    But NY will spend countless dollars to make sure a good citizen does not protect them self and they like Chicago will allow countless Bg's to walk the streets to prove their point .

The whole elected official representing the people idea is a sham. They are self centered, egotistical and looking out for #1. Millionaires (or billionaires) as elected officials is appalling. Look at the hypocrisy in NYC or Chicago. Extremely dangerous streets yet the honest citizen cannot carry. Of course the top guys have so many armed companions that they probably get in each other's way. As always, the Golden rule (not Biblical) applies.
    StormRhydr likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Wow. I really hadn't been following the story, been keeping news off.

Real glad I don't live in the American states that tie the hands of the people and give the BG's free run on my dime.
    mook012 likes this.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

The SAFE act had nothing to do with it. Handguns have long been banned within the five Buroughs.
    Kennydale likes this.

FBI stats show most murder victims as well as the BG have a criminal record. The majority of murders, thanks to the gang infested gun free cities, are committed in those type of areas. Common sense legislation would be shall issue permits to eligible applicants.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Politicians have a tendency to be myopic when it comes to the safety of the average American citizen. They seem to forget that we aren't afforded a private security detail to watch over us. Police officers have their hands full and can't always arrive in short order when they are needed by citizens. In these situations we are on our own(even the Supreme Court has indicated this). I feel that we should be able to provide defense for ourselves and our loved ones if(and hopefully we never will) and when we need to.

Distinguished Member
    What made me uneasy was watching the video. Here in Myrtle Beach, SC every May we have a whole month of bikers (2 different groups). I have seen them drive just like that every year, and each year they are getting meaner and meaner. This past year MB had so many "group walk outs" in restaurants that the restaurants started closing. Of course when they close then people then said "raciest" so each year the restaurant will find projects to have construction workers come in that month to do work just to legally stop the walk outs. Think of all the money that is lost to these businesses. The local politicians are only keeping the venders happy, and a few bars but the rest of us suffer. Oh, and my personal complaint....the bikers WILL NOT keep their clothes on. You men may think that is fine, well, think of about 150 pounds (75 on each side) of behind in a thong in your face....still smiling?

I can't wait to get out of this city to a more quieter simple town.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

VIP Member
    My impression is that a handgun would have perhaps been of little help, and more importantly
    I have a gut feeling that the victim Mr. Lien is not the sort of person inclined to the idea of carrying.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links