Always pay attation to your surroundings

This is a discussion on Always pay attation to your surroundings within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 'Completely oblivious' cellphone users didn't see a gunman in their midst | The Verge No one saw the dude with a 45 till he fired ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Always pay attation to your surroundings

'Completely oblivious' cellphone users didn't see a gunman in their midst | The Verge

No one saw the dude with a 45 till he fired all where looking at there phones ...

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Smartphones tend to make many stupid.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

This must be a hoax... the story said it was in San Francisco and we all know there couldn't possibly be "gun violence" in Diane Feinstein's back yard.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    City folks seem to make a habit of not looking around. I heard that most of them don't even know their neighbors! Even here in the forest SA is required. If you hear a squirrel above you, heads up for falling pine cones and branches! They can ruin your day. Photo swiped from the Tahoe Times

I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

OK, show of hands here. How many are still worried about being "made" simply by carrying concealed? Anyone? Bueller?
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    I am in Maryland i have to be careful about being made . I also carry around my employees and they don't know i carry and i don't tell .

At least they have never said anything .
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

I saw a girl here at UF the other day walk right off the sidewalk & curb and fall into the street because she was playing with her phone, instead of watching where she was going. Luckily no cars were around and she was OK.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    As a response to the title of this thread. DUH, DUH, DUH. To quote Forest Gump----"stupid is as stupid does". Is there really anything else to say about stupidity. Heck this whole country is an asylum run by its inmates and sanctioned by stupid people who haven't a clue what an election really is and what a candidate stands for--that is why we have this garbage littering the whitehouse. When half the people are just plain stupid and uninformed and are voting because they are getting something they do not deserve and did not pay for, what can you expect except for a continual slide into mediocrity and economic failure.

Maybe some (all?) saw the gun, made sure it wasn't pointed at them and ignored it so as not to get involved? It WAS Cali, ya know ...?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Smartphones tend to make many stupid.
    The phone is usually smarter than its user.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

That's my biggest fear for my wife. I can go over the basics, teach the circumstance, but in the end she doesn't get it.

GeorgiaCarry
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    That must be the "San Francisco Treat" they always talk about.

It just goes to show you that sometimes you could have a garbage truck drive through a nitro glycerin factory, and no one would notice.
    gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

It just goes to show that being armed won't help you if you're zoned out and oblivious to the world around you. And bear in mind, half the people you meet on the road are doing the same thing in their car!
    kerberos likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

VIP Member
    Just go to YouTube and you will see dozens of videos of people engrossed in their “stupid” phones walking into fountains, poles, walls, trees and a multitude of other things.
    Aceoky likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Kind of sad. People live there whole lives virtually now. I have seen people in the same room at a party texting each oh her instead of speaking. They can be anyone they want online and not their boring selves, so we have got our noses stuck into our digital fantasy world and are forgetting how to speak with each other or even notice dangerous things around us. Course, I'm not really one to speak, sitting here yapping away on a forum this very instance. What a Hippocrite I am. Anywho. By the way, I think the San Francisco treat was Rice-a-Roni oneshot
    darryljr23 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links